topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:31 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Get all entries in windows regedit about an element via contextual menu  (Read 6391 times)

reloader

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi alls, im from Belgium so plz apologies my English  :-[

I'm looking after an solution to retrieve all registry informations for alls elements(on the screen) in windows xp via the contextual menu (right clicking),
when your under the windows session and you select(wherever on the screen-menus, files, icons etc) an icon file, image etc or on an executable file you are able(right clicking) to get all registry informations about this element and export this information in a .txt file,

I don't know if this solution already exist with some vbs or bat file but that would be nice to found something similar to this.

hope my request is clear to understand.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 03:01 AM by brotherS »

kimmchii

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If you find a good solution and become attached to it, the solution may become your next problem.
~Robert Anthony

reloader

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
thanks for your reply but it is not exactly what im looking for

you know when you open regedit and you look after iexplore.exe, search you the have the first result then next, next, next to get all entries about your request... so im looking for something similar but more powerfull maybe.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Doesn't work from the context menu but try Resplendence Registrar Registry Manager. It has lightening fast searches and it lists all occurrences. You can also keep bookmarks and favourite tweaks.

The Pro version is not free but there is a free lite version (not sure what facilities are limited though).

I have use the pro version for a few years and it has been rock solid. Also has Reg utilities for backing up and compacting the registry, access to registry key security settings, a registry monitor and editing the registries of remote computers amongst others.

Here are a couple of pictures of it in action ...

Registrar Main Window
rrm.png

Search Results Page
RRS.gif

« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 08:52 PM by Carol Haynes »

kimmchii

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
oh i see what you mean now.  :D
i use Registry Workshop, a shareware, it can search thru the registry and display all the match occurrences at once, i dont think the search result can be exported to a txt file and also cant access via the context menu, but it has some very powerful features.

another one is Registry Explorer, freeware. i havent tried this one tho.
If you find a good solution and become attached to it, the solution may become your next problem.
~Robert Anthony

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Another nice feature of Registrar (which I had forgotten) is that if you have .REG files you can open them in Registrar and edit them as if they were a set of registry keys - which is great as it means no more manually editing in Notepad !!

reloader

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
thanks guys that gonna be helpfull

im gonna give a try for the freeware solutions that you have mentioned  :Thmbsup:

i thing Registrar Registry Manager it is what im looking for.

finally my request was not an idea, sorry  :-\