ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Program to open groups of programs.

<< < (3/3)

app103:
My Lacuna Launcher from NANY 2009.  :)

miva2:
Thanks for the suggestions everyone :)
I tried Splat but it doesn't seem to work for me. I'll get it to work sometime. I got it to work now. Don't save it in Program Files.
Reported my problems here.

Cool, thanks app103. I'll try it out and let you know how it goes!

I don't seem to be sold on TaskLayout. I prefer these NANY entries.

MilesAhead:
I have a group run utility with no Gui.  It simply uses an .ini file to list the main program and subprograms.  When you end the main program it offers to close the subprograms still running.  Also you should not put it under Program Files.  Windows Vista and later get progressively worse in this regard.  It doesn't like programs writing to those protected folders.  Anything with an .ini file in the same folder as the exe you should break it out to its own folder someplace.  I use C:\Utils as the root for all my small hotkey programs.

RunGroup

See the included Readme.txt for specifics.

Edit:  If you want to position the windows etc.. you can likely do it with WinSize2

Both are free.  btw ignore the stuff about domains in the readme.  Until I get another permanent setup on the web there's no sense updating all the Readme files.  :)

big-red:
Hi Tomos - Had to do some searching to find the original source. Think it was here

However, the links to this software all seem dead  :(

Have attached the portable version. (scanned - no nasties found).

skwire:
any more info about that? (couldn't find it - "Windows 7 Application Launcher" is a very generic name...)-tomos (February 06, 2015, 04:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just do a Google search for "7APL" and you'll find all sorts of information about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version