ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox won't play videos unless I keep moving the mouse! Ugh!

<< < (2/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
Does anything on this page seem similar?

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=912521

Ath:
Check your virus scanner.

[Case:]
Today we had an issue that one of our service executables wouldn't work properly. It's sole task is to listen for incoming connections on a port, and run a connector exe when requested through that port (yeah, sounds like a web-server, but it isn't)
Adding the connector exe to the process-exclusion list of MS Forefront (unfortunately our AV solution), and restarting the service executable, solved the issue.

BGM:
Ath - well, when you say "connector" do you mean Adobe flash?  Thing is that it is a firefox plugin.
AND the machines are running MS Security Essentials.

@Miles - it does look similar.  The browser isn't crashing, and switching tabs doesn't work either.

It's rather painful, too.  You just can't watch.  You have to watch and move the mouse.

Actually, I just noticed something else.  This one computer was running Firefox 34, so I upgraded it to 35 via the help menu.  And I was watching the progress meter and noticed that unless I moved the mouse, the little spinner in the upgrade panel would not move.  Strange!
I'm going to run a memory test and see if it is a RAM issue.

superboyac:
Ath - well, when you say "connector" do you mean Adobe flash?  Thing is that it is a firefox plugin.
AND the machines are running MS Security Essentials.

@Miles - it does look similar.  The browser isn't crashing, and switching tabs doesn't work either.

It's rather painful, too.  You just can't watch.  You have to watch and move the mouse.

Actually, I just noticed something else.  This one computer was running Firefox 34, so I upgraded it to 35 via the help menu.  And I was watching the progress meter and noticed that unless I moved the mouse, the little spinner in the upgrade panel would not move.  Strange!
I'm going to run a memory test and see if it is a RAM issue.
-BGM (February 05, 2015, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
this is not really a productive comment, but...
Firefox lately has been annoying wrto flash video playback.  I am now watching all videos in chrome.  I felt like in 2014, flash videos were causing slowness/freezes/crashing in firefox all the time, like multiple times a day.

BGM:
@superboyac - yeah, and it's more annoying when it happens to the person with whom you share an office who thinks you are supposed to fix everything that doesn't work right because you are IT....

The memory test passed with flying colours.  So that wasn't the problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version