ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Screen Calculator: Monitor, Mobile & Notebook PPI and Screen Size Spreadsheet

<< < (4/4)

brahman:
And BTW I am not from the North American continent LOL

tomos:
had a very quick look at netbooks in a shop today.

And yeah,
10.1" is way too small for windows desktop :-)
13.3" netbooks were the first size that seemed really usable to me for desktop.
14.6" was the next size up that they had in stock - it's a nice size, but not very portable.

With netbooks @13.3" and smaller, the 16:9 ratio kills it for me - it's just soooo narrow heightwise :(
Many of the builds have space for a 16:10 screen, space that was covered with glass in some models - dead space unfortunately e.g.

(review link in image - I'm not sure why they think it's reasonable @ €500, but that's unfortunately the state of affairs here - but that's veering very off-topic...)

brahman:
I know, that's why I have a Lenovo Thinkpad SL410 with a 14 in screen. It was a great deal and it has been very good.

14 inch screensize I found optimal for travelling - you can even watch a movie and won't strain your eyes too much when reading or working. But when I am somewhere for a few months I always buy a monitor and then use the Thinkpad as a desktop with the monitor plugged into the HDMI port.

brahman:
Here

http://www.idealo.co.uk/cat/3751F452789-1566895-2124227-2137074-2404360-3099788oE2oJ0/laptops.html?param.resultlist.sortKey=minPrice

you'll find a nice selection of 14 inch notebooks...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version