topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:22 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: stickies Notezilla memoboard as full-blown personal note system  (Read 52156 times)

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: stickies Notezilla memoboard as full-blown personal note system
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2015, 01:02 PM »
+1  :up:
I thought about suggesting JIRA too, but it could be overkill in some situations, especially as a note-registration system. Confluence would be more appropriate for that.

Jira does work work with Markup, but I am not sure about RTF. Perhaps you can find that in their store.
No, it doesn't support RTF, and in my years maintaining our on-site JIRA servers, I've not found a plugin that adds that as an option, yet. Confluence uses the same markup.

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2015, 09:46 AM »

"note, or document, behind the note"

Steven, is this like linking 2 notes so that you can jump from one to another?

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2015, 02:58 PM »
"note, or document, behind the note"
Steven, is this like linking 2 notes so that you can jump from one to another?
More or less, but the idea is that the behind note is simply an expansive note that might have more features.  It might be overkill. It is possible that Kanban NEEDS that feature because of limitations on the front screen (e.g. fixed size).  I'm thinking.

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2016, 02:27 PM »
Two features that may be needed, or I have not found it yet.

=====================

The column headers on each Memoboard - the ability to set that up globally, or copy a template.

On the columns, a checkbox if a note is stuck to the desktop.

=====================

(Earlier I mentioned the possibility of a path showing.)

Steven
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 02:36 PM by Steven Avery »

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2016, 12:16 AM »

Thanks @Steven.

The column headers on each Memoboard - the ability to set that up globally, or copy a template.

Setting up globally isn't possible yet.

On the columns, a checkbox if a note is stuck to the desktop.

This is shown, now in the column. But when you select the note in the notes list, the top toolbar button will indicate. Make sure you are using the latest update of Notezilla 8.

Thanks.

Regards,
Gautam Jain
Notezilla: http://www.conceptworld.com/Notezilla
Support: http://www.conceptworld.com/qa

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2016, 02:31 AM »

I am on 8.0.23. When I have notes that have "Stick to Desktop" I can see that by opening the note and right-clicking.   Also I see now that you have it by a Filter, which is in fact sufficient.  Although a column as well would be nice, which I don't see.

(Remember, an option for the path to a note will be a nice improvement (it could be an option to check yes/no), it could at times make for an ultra-long "Memoboard" column, but that is up to the user... long or short names, 2 levels deep or more, where to place the column, you might make the Memoboard the last one.)

In this nice vid you show a ! column and a Reminder Filter but now you have Due.  Is there a difference?  Did reminders become Due?  And what about "!".
http://www.conceptwo...ing&Play=Current

And I have not used stars and tags, and they could be helpful.

On the completed status, the actual header row can take a checkmark, that does not mean anything right?  Only the checkmark in an individual note, which leads to strike-thru. Correct?

You took .db files out of export.  That is because it is not necessary with the auto-backup to folders and the explanations of how to use a backup program?

================

Let's talk about iPad and Android. Let's skip sync for a moment.

Android has a user-accessible file manager.  Does it read the same .db files?  Could I copy over? 

How about the pop-up stick to window features when using browsers in Tablets?  Is that gone-feature due to architectural differences?

Can tablets use network transfer?

=================

Adding computers on a network
http://www.conceptwo...-Adding-New-Computer

Is that awaiting names that we retrieve from things like HomeGroup?  Or do you have another access method?  If it is homegroup oriiented, could you read the data for us?  Or is there something akin to a VPN or whatever method something like Teamviewer remote access allows file xfer.

A bit more explanation here would be helpful.  I used it a while back, but memory is slim pickens.

=============================

Thanks!

Steven

« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 02:36 AM by Steven Avery »

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2016, 07:16 AM »
Hi Steven,

Following are your replies to questions related to Notezilla.

(Remember, an option for the path to a note will be a nice improvement (it could be an option to check yes/no), it could at times make for an ultra-long "Memoboard" column, but that is up to the user... long or short names, 2 levels deep or more, where to place the column, you might make the Memoboard the last one.)

Yes. I had noted when you last suggested it.

In this nice vid you show a ! column and a Reminder Filter but now you have Due.  Is there a difference?  Did reminders become Due?  And what about "!".
http://www.conceptwo...ing&Play=Current

This video is for the old version Notezilla 7. Please refer videos on this page: http://www.conceptwo...com/Notezilla/Videos

Both Reminder and Due are same.

On the completed status, the actual header row can take a checkmark, that does not mean anything right?  Only the checkmark in an individual note, which leads to strike-thru. Correct?

Correct.

You took .db files out of export.  That is because it is not necessary with the auto-backup to folders and the explanations of how to use a backup program?

.db file export was mainly to export specific Memoboards and import on another system. But this caused confusion and users often used it to backup their data. Plus we have syncing now. So we removed it.

================

Android has a user-accessible file manager.  Does it read the same .db files?  Could I copy over? 

No. Both files are different.

How about the pop-up stick to window features when using browsers in Tablets?  Is that gone-feature due to architectural differences?

Yes, architectural differences.

Can tablets use network transfer?

Meaning, sending notes over LAN? No. Only syncing via cloud.

=================

Adding computers on a network
http://www.conceptwo...-Adding-New-Computer

Is that awaiting names that we retrieve from things like HomeGroup?  Or do you have another access method?  If it is homegroup oriiented, could you read the data for us?  Or is there something akin to a VPN or whatever method something like Teamviewer remote access allows file xfer.

Don't know what exactly you mean here. But Notezilla requires computer names shown under HomeGroup etc. Or you can specify IP address also. We currently don't have a way to browse those computer names. We will add in future.

Regards,
Gautam Jain
Support: http://www.conceptworld.com/qa

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2016, 11:12 AM »
Thanks, good answers top to bottom, appreciated.

One of the reasons I highly recommend Notezilla even if you are an Evernote, Onenote or Rightnote afficianado.  The support, the web pop-up and the built-in notes browser structure and the color-friendliness and the ability to paste in the pics and such are all great.  Also, the proper use of real estate on the screen with the memoboard type view is really important (with Evernote I am trying to find the simplicity of at least importing such a column template, likely made in Word, to fake it out a bit).  I tried all the various web alternatives like Listhings and had to let them pass. And in the desktop world, I tried Stickies and some others, and some are good, but Notezilla still was my fav by a good margin.

I will try the IP address. Does that have to be local on your network, can it work with something like VPN of Teamviewer or some general internet access.  Can you expound more excellently?

(And I don't think you do mention IP addy at the entry spot or in the docs.)

The idea of a memo export still remains interesting.  Outside of sync. Let's say my personal Notezilla has one memoboard that is all related to a biz activity and I want to share that complex memoboard (I just noticed you do allow a good number of nesting subboards, normally I would just use one subboard) how would I accomplish that end?  Or similarly all the notes relating to one project or activity, one friend or family member.  I realize that it is hard for a developer to keep a feature that causes a bunch of yelps in actual praxis, how can we find a good compromise?  Is there a selective export you can recommend as working well, I think the only export that keeps the real Notezilla feel is .db .

And one minor new enhancement request.  Let's say you have a memoboard with 10 notes.  You go into the notes browser and they may be way downhill.  It can be a bit of a hassle to bring them uptown. How about a "close and condense" option to bring them all to the top.  (The close will make it simpler.)

At one time I mentioned the possibility of grid (snap to grid, or by numbers) options.  That might be too much effort for the gain, understood, but it does receive honourable mention :) .

Steven
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 11:17 AM by Steven Avery »

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2016, 05:57 AM »

I will try the IP address. Does that have to be local on your network, can it work with something like VPN of Teamviewer or some general internet access.  Can you expound more excellently?

It can be any reachable IP address (any where in the world) where Notezilla is running.

(And I don't think you do mention IP addy at the entry spot or in the docs.)

Thanks will update the docs and also the UI in the next version.

You go into the notes browser and they may be way downhill.  It can be a bit of a hassle to bring them uptown.

Are you talking about the notes? or the memoboard? What will be downhill?

I think the only export that keeps the real Notezilla feel is .db .

Yes, correct.

At one time I mentioned the possibility of grid (snap to grid, or by numbers) options.

Yes. Have that in the to do list. No promises though  :)

Regards,
Gautam Jain
Help: http://www.conceptwo...d.com/Notezilla/Help

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2016, 10:08 AM »
When you are in a memoboard there could easily be a dozen notes on the board, some open, some closed.  A few will generally be right at the top.  But some could be down, way down, maybe the equivalent of 3 or 4 screen areas ... thus the dragging back up is laborious. Up screen, drop, Up screen, drop, Up screen, drop.   A close and condense option would simply drag everything up with a little space in between each note.  They could even be in a column format, since you are likely to maneuver them around afterwards.  It is just the difficult of bringing them "uphill" that is a bit cumbersome.

Steven
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 10:24 AM by Steven Avery »

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2016, 06:31 AM »

thus the dragging back up is laborious.

Just right click inside the sticky notes view in Notes Browser and choose "Arrange Notes" top bring all notes on top.

Regards,
Gautam Jain

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2016, 08:11 AM »
Thanks. You already had it! The Stickers is what I will usually use, although not automatically at startup.  Your implementation is solid with the two options.

The background color is a feature I might add, various light colors. 

The "favorite" for a memoboard .. hmm nice, have to read the docs, maybe it is the memoboard equivalent of a star for the individual notes?  A way to group a few of the active memoboards together (show favorites?).

Here is a little question.  Is there a method possible to do any external linking or opening to a specific memoboard (or note). e.g. As a parameter on the notezilla.exe?

Hmmm.. import or export to Evernote?  (At this point I see a major place in the sun for both Notezilla and Evernote. )  Note: Evernote is a bit finicky on how it handles cut-and-paste RTF stuff (It does have something called "Paste and Match Style", afaik it does not have a standard text paste which in Notezilla is "Paste as Plain Text").

Granted, I can put a link to an Evernote Note into Notezilla and use that as an occasional coordination spot.  There are occasions where I will simply want to use Notezilla pointing to Evernote.  I had an example recently with a little complex note about phones on a family plan.

As to Notezilla regard sync and tablet .. I am still in test mode .. also on sending notes to another IP or network puter.

Readers take note .. all the fine features in Notezilla can easily be missed if you don't really kick the tires.
And apparently coming soon to Bits du Jour!

Here are two or three absolutely incredible features in Noetzilla, even before considering specials:

1) the pop-up to a web page or to an application

(Notezilla goes by the "window" name, some other stickies work by the URL, both have advantages and it would be nice to add a url additional implementation in Notezilla. However, url does not help with an application window.   The ability to know that you have notes that come up when you are in a particular site or app is really really strong, and I use it everywhere.)

2) Stickies give a full real estate usage on a screen.  Note programs like Rightnote and Evernote struggle here, even Templates are a struggle.  This is a huge visual plus.

You can see maybe four notes at once in a note browser, you can scrolled up "today" notes on a sidebar. (I keep an edge free with MaxMax, there are many ways to do that).

3) Notes Browser implementation is strong - it is a fullblown Evernote or Rightnote alternative in that sense, allowing that this is an Evernote specialty.  Sub-folders is key here, stuff like stars and favorites.

And Gautam chose a nice icon in the taskbar, you find it immediately :) .

Steven
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 08:56 AM by Steven Avery »

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2016, 06:50 AM »

Thanks Steven for everything.

I doubt if anyone is reading our one-to-one conversation  :huh:

Is there a method possible to do any external linking or opening to a specific memoboard (or note). e.g. As a parameter on the notezilla.exe?

Not yet. Noted.

Hmmm.. import or export to Evernote?  (At this point I see a major place in the sun for both Notezilla and Evernote. ) 

Yes, I agree. I think they have an xml export version which Outlook uses which Notezilla also can use. Will think about it.

Regards,
Gautam Jain

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2016, 05:25 AM »

And today is the 2nd (usually last) day of the 40% discount

Bits Du Jour
http://www.bitsdujou...in=todays-deals-home

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2016, 06:18 AM »

well, following and skimming it, yes.
considering a BDJ purchase mainly because of Steven showing how he uses it, and seeing the good feedback here.
Tom

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2016, 06:21 AM »

Thanks @Tomos  ;D

xtabber

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2016, 08:37 AM »

I had looked briefly at Notezilla some time ago and dismissed it, but reading this conversation made me realize that it could in fact help me with some specific needs, so I bought a subscription yesterday.

I also appreciate your responsiveness as a developer. :Thmbsup:

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2016, 03:43 AM »

If it has to do with Noteilla and it's posted publicly, I'm reading it.  ;)

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2016, 11:08 AM »
Sometimes Notezilla is puzzling. I put aside the sync some years back, but I know that sync is often problematic and you have to be careful.  It works nicely in Evernote, about the only place I trust synch. .. in the Firefox bookmarks (I also use Roomy Bookmarks so it is a kind of information system) I find I do better with backup and restore when switching to other puters.

A few months ago, there was a glitch in a file, Gautam fixed it, although I was out of commission for a little bit.  Ok, fair enough. Good support, program-data glitch of some sort.

Still, the positive elements have been extremely productive.  Popping up a note to a website is really kewl, although this is not unique to Notezilla. Some of the structural excellence of the Notes Browser are less significant now that I use Evernote a lot more for permanent notes. I like to use Notezilla when I am first working with something, and then transfer it down to Evernote.  If Notezilla does not prove itself stabile, then Stickies, PNotes or another (as long as they pop up to a website, note that there are two methods, one involving window name, one involving url, both are satisfactory, the window name has the advantage of including applications, that is what Notezilla uses) have to be considered.

Today I hit something else. Some glitch in the mental file placement and saving of changes logic.  I can make a change, close Notezilla, and then the change is not there on reopening.  In addition, there has not been a save for a few days. (Notezilla I think simply is supposed to automatically give you one daily save, if you are active in that day.)

I'll write Gautam, but this is important enough that I want it to be hashed out here, unto fix, understanding, completion. 

It looks like the only place the data and backup files are supposed to be is at Advanced-->Preferences-->Advanced.  So how could that not work?

Steven

« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 11:13 AM by Steven Avery »

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2016, 06:09 AM »
Hope everyone had a nice day of giving thanks.

Psalm 100:4 (AV)
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise:
be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

=========================

Since my Notezilla has a glitch, I decided to play with PNote and PNote.net.  In fact, I ended up deciding that the older PNote is friendlier, at least for now. It is a rather robust program. Here are some notes on sticky notes.

======================

STICKY NOTES BASICS IN EVALUATION

1) How well do they stick to a window?

2) How well do they take advantage of the inherent advantage of a schema of, say, 5-columns on the Desktop and easily moving in and out of multiple such desktops?

(One big weakness of Evernote, OneNote, Rightnote, etc often boils down to the real estate waste. One note is one whole page. Evernote does give you some flexibility of having multiple notes open on neighboring parts of the desktop, and it has a nice "shortcuts on top" system.  Presumably Onenote also has some flexibilities here. Nonetheless, it is still far from sticky nice. Note that Evernote has at least two attempts to add a stickies element by utilities.)

Can you easily go in and out of multiple such schema?  What is the organizational method?  Would you be comfortable using it for a full-blown note folder-style note system?

3) Do they have any weaknesses on the basics of RTF, pasting pictures, editing.  (e.g. some sticky programs are bland text only)

4) Do they have extra capabilities that really look like they might be used (sending over a network, sync, etc.)

5) Do they have unique frustrations, such as puzzling groups of icons sans text

======================

That said, I am going to compare Notezilla and PNote.  Feel free to include Stickies or any other.

1) How well do they stick to a window?  This is Notezilla all the way. For one, a single note can stick to multiple windows. (Wildcards work well, too.) Easily. And PNote seems quite frustrating, once you pin a note, to find out how to unpin it, even in the Control Panel where the Pin is shown.  And the moment it is pinned to a window, it is removed from the desktop (Notezilla nicely asks). 

(Sidenote: the Firefox Internote used to go by URL for a browser, rather than a Window name.)

Overall, I have not found anything close to Notezilla on Window (including web pages) pop-up.   Even if I only used it for that purpose, at this time it should be in my arsenal.

2) Columns on a Desktop?
Notezilla works with a Notes Browser. It has a strong multi-folder structure and you can change the notes easily while in the Notes Browser.  Thus if you are trying to do a full-blown note system, as an alternative for Evernote or Rightnote or Onenote, it is possible.  However, I do not give Notezilla a point here, unless you have decided to make it your everything system. Due to a preference for Evernote and an occasional Notezilla stability or usage glitch, I am not going that way currently.

PNote has a Control Panel.  While you can not modify notes easily withinin the Control Panel, it has a very strong Groups and Tag system. You can easily show one or two single Groups on the Desktop.  Thus you can create sets of virtual full-desktop notes. 

So far, it seems like a win for PNote, in terms of setting up multiple Desktop groupings.  You could set up 5 or 10 or more groups, each one filling the desktop in 5+ columns (one or two rows, all flexible, some docking capability although not needed) and show one at a time.  This is how I like to work during the day. I like my ongoing notes be set up, and then as they mature on a topic, they might be moved to Evernote.  Some, like "what to do today" or "short-term travel plans" or "need to contact" will always do well as sticky note centric.

3) Weaknesses .. none apparent, but PNote can be a bit frustrating with things like too many buttons that are small. Or extra clicks to do something. The Notezilla edge here is minor and we can call it a wash.  (I'm more used to Notezilla)

4) Extra capabilities .. both have some. For now, a wash.

5) Unique frustrations?  I mentioned how PNote seemed almost surprisingly unusable for window-sticking with flexibility.  Notezilla has glitched a couple of times (including currently.)

==========================

Steven
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 06:23 AM by Steven Avery »

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2016, 07:23 AM »
On the desktop groups, both Notezilla and PNote allow you to right-click the system tray and do a show-hide.

With Notezilla it is the (one) Desktop that is shown and hidden.  Whatever notes are currently marked as Desktop. (They can be anywhere in the folder system.)
With PNote, with an extra click or two, you can show a Group of notes, or Tags  (also Last Modified). PNote has a fine implementation there.

What Notezilla could do is allow a Memoboard to be brought to the Desktop with Show/Hide.  There is not a necessity to add Groups and Tags to have a similar functionality since the folder / memoboard element is comparable to Groups / Tags (PNote also has folders and sub-folders, but since the Control Panel does not show the notes themselves it is less functional.)  Similar with those starred favorites.

Steven
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 02:11 PM by Steven Avery »

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2016, 01:11 AM »

Hello Steven,

I don't understand the saving issues that you are having. Can you send me an email about what exactly you are facing, regarding data saving and data loss?

Thanks.

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2016, 11:16 AM »
Just to clarify. The backup problem is not a problem now, I am getting daily backups, of the same file.  (Although I do think we should have a backup-on-demand alternative, I think that was removed from the recent version, we discussed some elements of this before.)  The couple of days that were missing are not an issue.

=====

The Windows time date of the file is not moving forward. It is just as if the file was acting as read-only.  My changes do not take. The file was brought over by Teamviewer from another computer where it was working fine.  In fact, I don't think any of my changes after that took.

Looking at properties in Total Commander and I see only archive checked, which looks normal, not read-only.  Interestingly, in one case the Date Accessed was updated, but not Modified or Created.  I could try importing the file again from the puter 800 miles away.  I didn't do that partly because I was concerned it would work and we would never find the root of the problem. :) 

I would be happy to send you the file. Or show you in a Teamviewer or Skype viewing type of session. At the moment I am relaxed about it, and happy that it helped me to research more deeply the differences between sticky programs (and especially how much superior is your stick-to-windows feature and the recommendation I made you that would make multi-virtual-Notezilla-desktops easier to accomplish.)  It is a bit of a :) comparing Notezilla with PNote.

I'll send you a note by email in a few minutes.

Steven

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2016, 02:57 PM »
admin@concept...  email has a vacation auto-responder. I was saying the same as above.

I recopied the file over, it looks fine, taking updates.  Minor hassle, made me research and think a bit more. I kept the old file and could check it out sometime to see if it really, really has some glitch that prevents modifications.

=====

Consider that one spot where PNotes shines, the ability to have multiple easy-access desktops of sticky notes.  e.g. One might be shopping, one might be biz, one might be today, etc. each one doing the real estate nicely on the desktop and switchable with a couple of clicks.  They accomplish it with Groups or Tags. The tags are especially flexible because one note can be in multiple tags. It is a nice feature, but not one that I would say that Notezilla needs.

You would accomplish the same basic idea if you could Show/Hide a Memoboard to the Desktop.  I would say that is easily the #1 improvement I would recommend. While you do have the advantage of being able to work within the notes browser itself (lacking in PNote) it never really has the space niceness of working on the full Desktop. Keep in mind that, in addition to sticking to windows, this multi-note kanban style aspect of stickies is one big, big advantage over Evernote et al. The ability to have 3 or 10 or more "virtual note desktops" is really where stickies are always going to gain a lot of fans, on top of window sticking (where you are easily the best, afaik, and that alone is sufficient to buy and use the program, imho.)   If you made a nice video showing how this works, the multi-desktops, the fans will come and follow.

btw, even when using Evernote, I try to have it set up so that two or three notes can be paneled while in use.  However, nothing is really able to be saved.  I would say that the Evernote shortcut feature is one you might want to consider emulating. You both have good searches, but shortcuts right on top of your page are really nice.

Steven
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 03:47 PM by Steven Avery »

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2016, 09:30 PM »
Notezilla does have tags, they simply do not seem to be as much utilized within the system.

Here is a feature I really like in PNote .. the "On Top" toggle for any note.  Not sure how to replicate that in Notezilla.

Ok, it may be similar in Notezilla.  And in Notezilla it does not seem to be a toggle. Easy enough to place a note on Top, with a rightclick on top. Not sure how to say "no mas" on top, there is a Hide option but then you are not longer anywhere to be found except in the browser, if you remember where to look.  (I usually keep part of my Notezilla notes on a reserved clear space set aside by MaxMax on the right. )

Notezilla links to files and folders, a nice feature I have not used. 
PNote has a way to link notes together, which at times might be redundant to a Group, but may have some good applications.

I'm actually reaching the point that I want to use both programs, plus Evernote.

PNote is handled for my multiple "Desktops" .. right now I only have one.. it has about seven notes, different colours and placed nicely.  Do to the show/hide groups and tags functionality it would be easy to have multiple.

Notezilla is used for all my pop-up notes, which is a major functionality as well. Part of this is the ability to have mulitple calling windows for one note.

Evernote is used for the permanent placement and tweaking of notes. 

I am quite happy, so far, with the three layer note-cake.

Steven
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 04:27 AM by Steven Avery »