ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

stickies Notezilla memoboard as full-blown personal note system

<< < (13/16) > >>

conceptworld:

thus the dragging back up is laborious.
--- End quote ---

Just right click inside the sticky notes view in Notes Browser and choose "Arrange Notes" top bring all notes on top.

Regards,
Gautam Jain

Steven Avery:
Thanks. You already had it! The Stickers is what I will usually use, although not automatically at startup.  Your implementation is solid with the two options.

The background color is a feature I might add, various light colors. 

The "favorite" for a memoboard .. hmm nice, have to read the docs, maybe it is the memoboard equivalent of a star for the individual notes?  A way to group a few of the active memoboards together (show favorites?).

Here is a little question.  Is there a method possible to do any external linking or opening to a specific memoboard (or note). e.g. As a parameter on the notezilla.exe?

Hmmm.. import or export to Evernote?  (At this point I see a major place in the sun for both Notezilla and Evernote. )  Note: Evernote is a bit finicky on how it handles cut-and-paste RTF stuff (It does have something called "Paste and Match Style", afaik it does not have a standard text paste which in Notezilla is "Paste as Plain Text").

Granted, I can put a link to an Evernote Note into Notezilla and use that as an occasional coordination spot.  There are occasions where I will simply want to use Notezilla pointing to Evernote.  I had an example recently with a little complex note about phones on a family plan.

As to Notezilla regard sync and tablet .. I am still in test mode .. also on sending notes to another IP or network puter.

Readers take note .. all the fine features in Notezilla can easily be missed if you don't really kick the tires.
And apparently coming soon to Bits du Jour!

Here are two or three absolutely incredible features in Noetzilla, even before considering specials:

1) the pop-up to a web page or to an application

(Notezilla goes by the "window" name, some other stickies work by the URL, both have advantages and it would be nice to add a url additional implementation in Notezilla. However, url does not help with an application window.   The ability to know that you have notes that come up when you are in a particular site or app is really really strong, and I use it everywhere.)

2) Stickies give a full real estate usage on a screen.  Note programs like Rightnote and Evernote struggle here, even Templates are a struggle.  This is a huge visual plus.

You can see maybe four notes at once in a note browser, you can scrolled up "today" notes on a sidebar. (I keep an edge free with MaxMax, there are many ways to do that).

3) Notes Browser implementation is strong - it is a fullblown Evernote or Rightnote alternative in that sense, allowing that this is an Evernote specialty.  Sub-folders is key here, stuff like stars and favorites.

And Gautam chose a nice icon in the taskbar, you find it immediately :) .

Steven

conceptworld:

Thanks Steven for everything.

I doubt if anyone is reading our one-to-one conversation  :huh:

Is there a method possible to do any external linking or opening to a specific memoboard (or note). e.g. As a parameter on the notezilla.exe?
--- End quote ---

Not yet. Noted.

Hmmm.. import or export to Evernote?  (At this point I see a major place in the sun for both Notezilla and Evernote. ) 
--- End quote ---

Yes, I agree. I think they have an xml export version which Outlook uses which Notezilla also can use. Will think about it.

Regards,
Gautam Jain

Steven Avery:

And today is the 2nd (usually last) day of the 40% discount

Bits Du Jour
http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/notezilla-8/in=todays-deals-home

tomos:
I doubt if anyone is reading our one-to-one conversation  :huh:
-conceptworld (August 02, 2016, 06:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

well, following and skimming it, yes.
considering a BDJ purchase mainly because of Steven showing how he uses it, and seeing the good feedback here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version