ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

stickies Notezilla memoboard as full-blown personal note system

<< < (12/16) > >>

Steven Avery:

I am on 8.0.23. When I have notes that have "Stick to Desktop" I can see that by opening the note and right-clicking.   Also I see now that you have it by a Filter, which is in fact sufficient.  Although a column as well would be nice, which I don't see.

(Remember, an option for the path to a note will be a nice improvement (it could be an option to check yes/no), it could at times make for an ultra-long "Memoboard" column, but that is up to the user... long or short names, 2 levels deep or more, where to place the column, you might make the Memoboard the last one.)

In this nice vid you show a ! column and a Reminder Filter but now you have Due.  Is there a difference?  Did reminders become Due?  And what about "!".
http://www.conceptworld.com/Notezilla/Video?Name=GroupingTagging&Play=Current

And I have not used stars and tags, and they could be helpful.

On the completed status, the actual header row can take a checkmark, that does not mean anything right?  Only the checkmark in an individual note, which leads to strike-thru. Correct?

You took .db files out of export.  That is because it is not necessary with the auto-backup to folders and the explanations of how to use a backup program?

================

Let's talk about iPad and Android. Let's skip sync for a moment.

Android has a user-accessible file manager.  Does it read the same .db files?  Could I copy over? 

How about the pop-up stick to window features when using browsers in Tablets?  Is that gone-feature due to architectural differences?

Can tablets use network transfer?

=================

Adding computers on a network
http://www.conceptworld.com/Notezilla/HelpTopic/Sending-Sticky-Notes-Over-Local-Network-Adding-New-Computer

Is that awaiting names that we retrieve from things like HomeGroup?  Or do you have another access method?  If it is homegroup oriiented, could you read the data for us?  Or is there something akin to a VPN or whatever method something like Teamviewer remote access allows file xfer.

A bit more explanation here would be helpful.  I used it a while back, but memory is slim pickens.

=============================

Thanks!

Steven

conceptworld:
Hi Steven,

Following are your replies to questions related to Notezilla.

(Remember, an option for the path to a note will be a nice improvement (it could be an option to check yes/no), it could at times make for an ultra-long "Memoboard" column, but that is up to the user... long or short names, 2 levels deep or more, where to place the column, you might make the Memoboard the last one.)
--- End quote ---

Yes. I had noted when you last suggested it.

In this nice vid you show a ! column and a Reminder Filter but now you have Due.  Is there a difference?  Did reminders become Due?  And what about "!".
http://www.conceptwo...ing&Play=Current
--- End quote ---

This video is for the old version Notezilla 7. Please refer videos on this page: http://www.conceptworld.com/Notezilla/Videos

Both Reminder and Due are same.

On the completed status, the actual header row can take a checkmark, that does not mean anything right?  Only the checkmark in an individual note, which leads to strike-thru. Correct?
--- End quote ---

Correct.

You took .db files out of export.  That is because it is not necessary with the auto-backup to folders and the explanations of how to use a backup program?
--- End quote ---

.db file export was mainly to export specific Memoboards and import on another system. But this caused confusion and users often used it to backup their data. Plus we have syncing now. So we removed it.

================

Android has a user-accessible file manager.  Does it read the same .db files?  Could I copy over? 
--- End quote ---

No. Both files are different.

How about the pop-up stick to window features when using browsers in Tablets?  Is that gone-feature due to architectural differences?
--- End quote ---

Yes, architectural differences.

Can tablets use network transfer?
--- End quote ---

Meaning, sending notes over LAN? No. Only syncing via cloud.

=================

Adding computers on a network
http://www.conceptwo...-Adding-New-Computer

Is that awaiting names that we retrieve from things like HomeGroup?  Or do you have another access method?  If it is homegroup oriiented, could you read the data for us?  Or is there something akin to a VPN or whatever method something like Teamviewer remote access allows file xfer.
--- End quote ---

Don't know what exactly you mean here. But Notezilla requires computer names shown under HomeGroup etc. Or you can specify IP address also. We currently don't have a way to browse those computer names. We will add in future.

Regards,
Gautam Jain
Notezilla: http://www.conceptworld.com/Notezilla
Support: http://www.conceptworld.com/qa

Steven Avery:
Thanks, good answers top to bottom, appreciated.

One of the reasons I highly recommend Notezilla even if you are an Evernote, Onenote or Rightnote afficianado.  The support, the web pop-up and the built-in notes browser structure and the color-friendliness and the ability to paste in the pics and such are all great.  Also, the proper use of real estate on the screen with the memoboard type view is really important (with Evernote I am trying to find the simplicity of at least importing such a column template, likely made in Word, to fake it out a bit).  I tried all the various web alternatives like Listhings and had to let them pass. And in the desktop world, I tried Stickies and some others, and some are good, but Notezilla still was my fav by a good margin.

I will try the IP address. Does that have to be local on your network, can it work with something like VPN of Teamviewer or some general internet access.  Can you expound more excellently?

(And I don't think you do mention IP addy at the entry spot or in the docs.)

The idea of a memo export still remains interesting.  Outside of sync. Let's say my personal Notezilla has one memoboard that is all related to a biz activity and I want to share that complex memoboard (I just noticed you do allow a good number of nesting subboards, normally I would just use one subboard) how would I accomplish that end?  Or similarly all the notes relating to one project or activity, one friend or family member.  I realize that it is hard for a developer to keep a feature that causes a bunch of yelps in actual praxis, how can we find a good compromise?  Is there a selective export you can recommend as working well, I think the only export that keeps the real Notezilla feel is .db .

And one minor new enhancement request.  Let's say you have a memoboard with 10 notes.  You go into the notes browser and they may be way downhill.  It can be a bit of a hassle to bring them uptown. How about a "close and condense" option to bring them all to the top.  (The close will make it simpler.)

At one time I mentioned the possibility of grid (snap to grid, or by numbers) options.  That might be too much effort for the gain, understood, but it does receive honourable mention :) .

Steven

conceptworld:

I will try the IP address. Does that have to be local on your network, can it work with something like VPN of Teamviewer or some general internet access.  Can you expound more excellently?
--- End quote ---

It can be any reachable IP address (any where in the world) where Notezilla is running.

(And I don't think you do mention IP addy at the entry spot or in the docs.)
--- End quote ---

Thanks will update the docs and also the UI in the next version.

You go into the notes browser and they may be way downhill.  It can be a bit of a hassle to bring them uptown.
--- End quote ---

Are you talking about the notes? or the memoboard? What will be downhill?

I think the only export that keeps the real Notezilla feel is .db .
--- End quote ---

Yes, correct.

At one time I mentioned the possibility of grid (snap to grid, or by numbers) options.
--- End quote ---

Yes. Have that in the to do list. No promises though  :)

Regards,
Gautam Jain
Notezilla: http://www.conceptworld.com/Notezilla
Help: http://www.conceptworld.com/Notezilla/Help

Steven Avery:
When you are in a memoboard there could easily be a dozen notes on the board, some open, some closed.  A few will generally be right at the top.  But some could be down, way down, maybe the equivalent of 3 or 4 screen areas ... thus the dragging back up is laborious. Up screen, drop, Up screen, drop, Up screen, drop.   A close and condense option would simply drag everything up with a little space in between each note.  They could even be in a column format, since you are likely to maneuver them around afterwards.  It is just the difficult of bringing them "uphill" that is a bit cumbersome.

Steven

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version