ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Dying Light

(1/3) > >>

wraith808:
My first first day purchase (other than MMOs) since Dishonored is a good call.  Dying Light gets a thumbs up for me.  Only have a couple of hours into it, but:

Holy crap- it's fun, but really tough!  Really demanding on full graphics... but I turned it off and it's working really well.

I'll probably stream some on twitch and take some screenshots, and post a full accounting later.  But definitely recommended.

lanux128:
thanks for the report! so it's not just Dead Island with parkour? :)

wraith808:
thanks for the report! so it's not just Dead Island with parkour? :)
-lanux128 (January 27, 2015, 09:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Doesn't seem to be.  Borrows a lot from Dead Island with the combat, which is a good thing.  But the focus is different, and the zombies are definitely different.

wraith808:
Screenshots!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/hachibushu/screenshots/?appid=239140

wraith808:
And I have my tagline for how to describe it:

Mirror's Edge meets and improves Dead Island and marries Just Cause.

The parkour isn't a plot point- it's a mode of movement, and is fun in and of itself and very functional.

I just had my first boss fight... figuring out how to kill him was very fun.  The survivor sense comes into play a lot there- to point out things that you might miss otherwise.  And my final solution wasn't the only solution.  And it had downsides.  The boss went explody, and the noise called more zombies.  Maybe I should have thought that through a bit more.

But after that, I'd made it to the point that the people are in Walking Dead, i.e. the zombies, while dangerous, aren't really scary.

... then it turned night.

WHAT.THE.****

It's been a while since I actually had a game scare me.  I was FREAKING OUT!  SO.MUCH.FUN!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version