ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 as an Internet service?

<< < (10/10)

Stoic Joker:
PCs changed all that. Software started to be thought of as sold once the old dinosaur code devs reluctantly realized private individuals didn't have the money or patience to put up with arcane software licensing rules and restrictions.
-40hz (January 29, 2015, 08:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Then we need to hire William Wallace to spearhead rioting in streets that run red with rivers of corporate blood to ensure that freedom from that level of draconian blood sucking is not and will not be tolerated.

^If only life was fair^ ... But seriously.

Ultimately I suspect that the whole PC/Internet wild west show is going to get turned just another corporate sucking noise just like every other technological advance -(television/telephone/the automobile/etc.)- that was really fun until some idiot insisted on making it safe and profitable.

40hz:

Ultimately I suspect that the whole PC/Internet wild west show is going to get turned just another corporate sucking noise just like every other technological advance -(television/telephone/the automobile/etc.)- that was really fun until some idiot insisted on making it safe and profitable.
-Stoic Joker (January 29, 2015, 11:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agree 100% except for the safe part. They're (but you know the sort of things THEY do!) actively crippling it so that it will never truly be safe. And purely for the convenience of those who want to protect us from what they feel we need to be protected from - whether we want it or not.

I'm just happy we've (still) got NIX and BSD. If it weren't for those, I'd have scrapped all my net-linked tech ages ago. 8)

I will be sooooo happy once I get completely out from under the Windows/Mac/iOS/Droid virtual reality containment dome. ;)

Soon. Very soon now. :Thmbsup:

Stoic Joker:
And purely for the convenience of those who want to protect us from what they feel we need to be protected from - whether we want it or not.-40hz (January 29, 2015, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Precisely where I was going, I just forgot to put the word safe in quotes to assist in imply that.

superboyac:
I will be sooooo happy once I get completely out from under the Windows/Mac/iOS/Droid virtual reality containment dome.
-40hz (January 29, 2015, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
Me too.  Although there would be some windows withdrawal symptoms I'd have to be prepared for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version