topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:42 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Any way of starting CircleDock minimized or hidden  (Read 6745 times)

momashi

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Any way of starting CircleDock minimized or hidden
« on: January 18, 2015, 01:04 AM »
Hey Guys! Just wondering if there is any way of starting CD minimized or hidden. I've written a script in Autohotkey to start and hide it as a temp measuring but I was hoping there's a way to do through preference or editing one of the ini file.

Let me know. Thanks!

For anyone intrerested, here is a copy of the script:

Spoiler

Autohotkey script that starts Circle Dock and minimizes it automatically. You can download Autohotkey from www.autohotkey.com. If you haven't heard of it, autohotkey is this amazing automation software - it will rock your Windows!

Once you install it, open notpad and paste the following script:

; <<<< START SCRIPT >>>>

; Anything after a ";" is considered a comment and is ignored by script.

#WinActivateForce Enabled

;Wait till the other apps have started to avoid lag
Sleep 25000 ; <== this in milliseconds, meaning 25000=25 seconds

;Run Main Instance (Main Dock)
Run C:\Program Files (x86)\CircleDock0.9.2Alpha8.2\CircleDock.exe ;<== this may be different on your PC
WinWait, ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.88.app.0.33c0d9d  ; <== this May be different in your PC, use Window Spy to double check CD's AHK_class
Sleep 1000
Suspend on
Send {LWin down}{LAlt down} ; <== SENDS THE TOGGLE HOTKEY TO CLOSE IT. YOU MAY HAVE TO MOD THIS PART AS YOUR HOTKEY WILL VARY.
Sleep 100
Send {LWin up}{LAlt up} ; <== RELEASE THE MODIFIER KEYS THAT WERE PRESSED DOWN BY SCRIPT. MODIFY THIS IF YOU MODIFIED HOT-KEY ABOVE.
Suspend off
Sleep 3000

; <<<< END SCRIPT >>>>

Save it as CircleDock-Starter.ahk and go to the AutoHotkey installation folder -> compiler subfolder -> compile this script into an exe and put a shortcut to it in your Windows.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you run multiple instance of CD, here is a multi-instances version of the script (obviously you'll need to change the directory reference and hotkeys):

; <<<< START SCRIPT >>>>

#WinActivateForce Enabled
;Wait till the other apps have started to avoid lag
Sleep 25000

;Run Main Instance (Main Dock)
Run C:\Program Files (x86)\CircleDock0.9.2Alpha8.2\CircleDock.exe ; <== this may be different on your PC
WinWait, ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.88.app.0.33c0d9d  ; <== this may be different on your PC
Sleep 1000
Suspend on
Send {LWin down}{LAlt down}  ; <== change if need be
Sleep 100
Send {LWin up}{LAlt up}  ; <== change if need be
Suspend off
Sleep 3000

;Run Secondary Dock
Run C:\Program Files (x86)\CircleDock0.9.2Alpha8.2.instance.2\CircleDock.exe ; <== this will probably be different on your PC
WinWait, ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.88.app.0.33c0d9d  ; <== this may be different on your PC
Sleep 2000
Suspend on
Send {LWin down}{LAlt down}{F2}  ; <== change if need be
Sleep 100
Suspend off
Sleep 5000

;Run ME3 Dock
Run C:\Program Files (x86)\CircleDock0.9.2Alpha8.2.instance.3\CircleDock.exe <== this will probably be different on your PC
WinWait, ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.88.app.0.33c0d9d
Sleep 2000
Suspend on
Send {LWin down}{LAlt down}{F3}  ; <== change if need be
Sleep 100
Suspend off
Sleep 5000

; <<<< END SCRIPT >>>>

Hope it made sense, I'm ready to go to sleep and am putting this up in a hurry.