ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Open Source News anyone ?

<< < (5/5)

dantheman:
Now i understand the situation better.
Thank you Renegade!  ;)

It's not an easy world and reading in between the lines takes a bit of practice.

40hz:
Stop making things illegal, and the risk disappears from those markets, and you put the HA out of business.
-Renegade (January 17, 2015, 06:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

OMG!  :huh: That's an unbelievably massive oversimplification if I ever heard one. But I'm guessing Ren is cutting corners and overstating things to make his point?

Renegade:
Stop making things illegal, and the risk disappears from those markets, and you put the HA out of business.
-Renegade (January 17, 2015, 06:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

OMG!  :huh: That's an unbelievably massive oversimplification if I ever heard one. But I'm guessing Ren is cutting corners and overstating things to make his point?
-40hz (January 17, 2015, 11:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, but not by much. Perhaps "things" is ambiguous though - I meant "objects" or "physical 'things'", e.g. drugs.

The only reason drugs are so profitable is because of the risk involved with them directly because they are illegal.

There are other risky materials that cost more simply because of their nature, e.g. strong acids, explosives, etc. However, those costs are intrinsic to the materials themselves, and not artificial in the way that the risks for growing and selling marijuana are.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version