ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Nostalgic and funny ... whatever happened to Wordstar?

(1/1)

Carol Haynes:
A nostalgic and funny read ...

http://www.rittman.net/archives/2004/06/in_search_of_stupidity_20_year.html

I don't think I am likely to buy the book but the review gives a flavour and is worth reading in itself.

thomthowolf:
Thanks for pointing this one out.  I "cut my teeth" on Wordstar and Dbase.  For thier time, they were wonderful products.  I never thought I would become nostalgic for either of them.

Carol Haynes:
Ditto - but I found myself looking for a download of Worstar for DOS - just to relive the experience.

I spent many happy hours writing DBASE applications in those days (and teaching others to do it) ... funny thing is until I read that article I had completely forgotten about it and Ashton-Tate !!

They were the days when computers were real computers and we were all geeky .... happy days.

zridling:
Except for Fortran, dBase was the first program I learned, and I thought it was great (back then it was)! I never touched WordStar except on others' computers. It was good, but by the time I was using a word processor in an office, everyone was onto WordPerfect 5.0. Great find, Carol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version