ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

ideas that will change society

<< < (5/8) > >>

Renegade:
Idea:  Invent a cell-phone-signal-blocker for a sunvisor or dashboard.  Maybe with a 10 yard radius.

This could save some lives, help prevent some road-rage and make people pull off the road to talk.   :)
-crabby3 (January 15, 2015, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're talking about a jammer. :) They exist, but are usually illegal.

As an alternative, I suppose that cars could be manufactured as Faraday cars. :)

Stoic Joker:
You're talking about a jammer. :) They exist, but are usually illegal.-Renegade (January 15, 2015, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's only if you do it wrong..

Harley Davidson Signal Jammer:
ideas that will change society

The above Harley Davidson Shovelhead is in a Jammer frame, and (with the open exhaust) Drag Pipes will at 3,000rpm effectively "jam" all (voice) radio communications in a roughly 3 block radius. You just gotta trust me on this one man, I used to piss myself laughing doing this in traffic for years. Now the new bike is too quiet...but I'm debating on "fixing" that up just a bit..

Vurbal:
Idea:  Invent a cell-phone-signal-blocker for a sunvisor or dashboard.  Maybe with a 10 yard radius.

This could save some lives, help prevent some road-rage and make people pull off the road to talk.   :)
--- End quote ---

You're talking about a jammer. :) They exist, but are usually illegal.

As an alternative, I suppose that cars could be manufactured as Faraday cars. :)
-Renegade (January 15, 2015, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Only if you can convince the FCC it's designed for some other purpose, which pretty much means you can't advertise it as a feature.

I seem to recall some movie theater owners trying to get the FCC to let them put Faraday cages in several years back. That worked out about the way you'd expect considering there are almost always wireless carrier insiders on the commission.

crabby3:
You're talking about a jammer. :) They exist, but are usually illegal.-Renegade (January 15, 2015, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's only if you do it wrong..

Harley Davidson Signal Jammer: (see attachment in previous post)
The above Harley Davidson Shovelhead is in a Jammer frame, and (with the open exhaust) Drag Pipes will at 3,000rpm effectively "jam" all (voice) radio communications in a roughly 3 block radius. You just gotta trust me on this one man, I used to piss myself laughing doing this in traffic for years. Now the new bike is too quiet...but I'm debating on "fixing" that up just a bit..

-Stoic Joker (January 15, 2015, 06:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Back in the mid 60s people were using gate-valves on their cars.  Between the engine and the muffler.
Open = loud, obnoxious - close = regular, lawful.   Ahhhh the 60s ... good times.   :)

crabby3:

--- End quote ---

60 seconds and google found me this   8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version