ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Open Source News anyone ?

<< < (2/5) > >>

40hz:
Quid est veritas?

Few things increase the credibility and character of someone more than when we find they are in agreement with us. ;)

TaoPhoenix:
I don't agree with everything they all say. That's one of the problems with how a lot of people view XYZ - they seem to feel that they need to agree with XYZ 100% or hate them. Heck, I like Bernie Sanders but I disagree with most of his ideas. Same for Alan Grayson - I like the fellow, and he has a lot of good ideas, and a lot of bad ones as well.
-Renegade (January 10, 2015, 08:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

There's a funny B-movie line in there somewhere, probably from some kind of mob boss talking to the Scared New Temporary Alliance Guy.

"Hey kiddo. I disagree with everything you say. But I like ya."

8)

40hz:
I don't agree with everything they all say. That's one of the problems with how a lot of people view XYZ - they seem to feel that they need to agree with XYZ 100% or hate them. Heck, I like Bernie Sanders but I disagree with most of his ideas. Same for Alan Grayson - I like the fellow, and he has a lot of good ideas, and a lot of bad ones as well.
--- End quote ---

Funny. That's how a lot of people view mainstream news channels as well.

I guess the general public is nowhere near as stupid as some would paint them.

But, it's nice to see more and more variety in media springing up. MSNBC, CNN, BBC, ABC, etc., are all pretty much useless tools now.
--- End quote ---

Oh...I'm sorry. Apparently they are. :P

dantheman:
You sure have the knack to make those "jabs" utterly delicate 40hz.
Guess that's why you have that hurtz after 40 hé!  :D
Not news around here though!

Can we say that there's a bunch of politics with solid "hidden" agendas behind those major media groups?
Glenn Beck might have a word on that. What about Kevin Trudeau whose presently doing prison time?

40hz:
You sure have the knack to make those "jabs" utterly delicate 40hz.
Guess that's why you have that hurtz after 40 hé!  :D
-dantheman (January 11, 2015, 07:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

At times I do have an admittedly unfortunate tendency towards the semi-sharp rejoinder. :-[

But in this case, it's more to genteely tweak the noses of people who should know better - because they are better IMO. Especially when I see them manifesting the same contemptuous attitude towards the general public as those whom they're supposedly fighting against.

Elitism is elitism, no matter which side of the equation it comes down on. Or so I think anyway. 8)

PS: Renegade's comments are fair game for me - as my comments are for him. We go back a long way. And I suspect we'd both be bored out of our gourds without having each other around for the occasional sparring match.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version