topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:28 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Feature suggestion or I'm doing something wrong  (Read 3836 times)

wwy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Feature suggestion or I'm doing something wrong
« on: January 06, 2015, 09:43 AM »
Being from the old school, I don't use hot-keys at the desktop, only within programs.  I would like to use LBC as a clickable menu from the taskbar and not bring it up with a hot-key combo.

To do that I've created a new toolbar on the taskbar, located it where I like and locked it.  The toolbar references a directory that contains a compiled AutoIt script that "sends" the hot-key combo.  Fairly clunky, but it does exactly what I want.  For me it's essentially a replacement for the Windows Start menu, which is a necessary evil but gets WAY too junked-up.  With this setup I rarely ever use the Windows Start menu.

For my use, and others like me, it would be nice to have the option of pinning LBC to the taskbar, or placing it in another toolbar, and to raise it by clicking the icon. And optionally have it disregard hot-keys.

If this can be done natively, then I've missed it and would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Feature suggestion or I'm doing something wrong
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 09:31 PM »
For my use, and others like me, it would be nice to have the option of pinning LBC to the taskbar, or placing it in another toolbar, and to raise it by clicking the icon. And optionally have it disregard hot-keys.

Ok so a few thoughts -- for some of us who like to use LBC as a menu, LBC has a built-in way to minimize to the SYSTEM TRAY (bottom right of screen aka "the notification area"), where you can click and use it as a menu.
If you need it to be elsewhere of course, that won't do you much good.

In addition to your way of sending a hotkey via AutoIt though, there should be a commandline option to pop up LBC under the cursor as a menu.. There is actually such a commandline option described in the Tips and Tricks section of help, however, for some reason it doesn't seem well suited for easily popping up the entire menu under the cursor -- so i will add this in next release.

wwy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Feature suggestion or I'm doing something wrong
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 10:07 AM »
I'm not a system tray fan (see "old school" above) and I've attached a screenshot of my task bar and system tray to show how I've set it up.  (Not clear on how to show the image in the post, so here's hoping).

I checked out Tips and Tricks and can do the -triggernode thing by creating a shortcut with the command line argument using the first node.  But I guess since it's relaunching the program, it takes longer than faking the hot-key.  So one way to implement this would be the same as -triggernode but without restarting the program.

And to be clear, this is an idea, not a demand.  I appreciate your efforts.

Screenshot - 1_7_2015 , 10_35_34 AM_ver001.png

(now that I've posted this, sure would be nice if Preview actually previewed the image)