topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:18 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Print Template  (Read 2929 times)

OLLI_S

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Print Template
« on: January 23, 2015, 05:48 AM »
Hello,

I use Screenshot Captor to take screenshots for Ergonomic reports.
For the current report I have 57 screen shots.

We need all those screenshots in one single PDF file.
I know that Screenshot Captor can perform this already.

But the problem is, that we need it in a special layout:
  • at the top right we need the logo of our department
  • at the top left we need the filename of the screenshot
  • at the bottom we need a foother with some additional information (name of the application, date, page)

So we have a Word template, that contains this all.
For the file-name we have the text <Fine-Name>, for the image we have the placeholder <Screen>.

It would be cool if I can select all images that I want to have in the word file, then select to export them wo Word and then select the Word file I want to use.
Screenshot Captor shoud recognize the tags <Fine-Name> and <Screen> and replace them with the data taken fromn the screen shot.
This should be repeated for each selected screen (so at the end I have a word file that contains one screenshot per page).

This feature would really be cool.
And it would safe us a lot of work (adding 57 screenshots manually took me nearly an hour).

Please consider this idea!

Greetings

OLLI

ralfs

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Print Template
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 03:05 AM »
(adding 57 screenshots manually took me nearly an hour).

Hello Olli,

why don't you open your word document, chose "insert" > "graphic", select all 57 screenshots you want and insert them with one click into your word document?
Maybe, if the screenshots are smaller than a page, you have to put in some "returns" after several pictures but I think this can be done in 1 minute.
Ralf

ScreenManiac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Print Template
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 03:41 AM »
So we have a Word template, that contains this all.
For the file-name we have the text <Fine-Name>, for the image we have the placeholder <Screen>.

Screenshot Captor shoud recognize the tags <Fine-Name> and <Screen> and replace them with the data taken fromn the screen shot.
Seems like a tall order for SC to crawl under the hood of Word and fill their placholders.
Shouldn't this work the other way round? Word filling it's own placeholders in an automated process with a suitable Word makro? Recorded and customized to start a new page after every paste and proceed until it has processed a given folder?