topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:05 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: And IT Man of the Year 2014 Is...  (Read 5229 times)

peter.s

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
And IT Man of the Year 2014 Is...
« on: December 24, 2014, 08:05 AM »
Diego Garcia.

(who of course stands for a rare, high-brow collaborative programming effort). Here's why (in French, but a Century ago, that was the lingua franca for the educated people of this world anyway, so some google translation effort should not be out of your reach):

http://www.parismatc...vol-MH370-2-2-675084

(this is "part 2", but which includes part 1 - as you all know, the French do have a reputation of being a little unorganized).

You will learn that Boeing have their own, official patent for their ways to remote control their own aircraft, which comes handy e.g. whenever they decide, for whatever reason, that such an engine should be brought down immediately.

It's a secret for no one that ace technology can almost exclusively be found in weaponry, and for programming, that's similar - whilst e.g. if you want to hear the most elaborate lies there are, both government authorities and air carriers (and their paid or free yappies) are prime addressees.

Of course, they ain't bearable as long as you consider their output fun, especially since if you don't take it all on second degree, your intellectual prerequisite should be that you think logic is a new iApp (just one example: yes, in order to bring down an aircraft onto some military base, in order to destroy it, yes, first they will let you do that, instead of intercepting you, and second, it's a brilliant idea to drill traditional landing on their runway: but let's not forget most people will swallow anything that comes from their thinking delegates - if that reminds you of stories of spit in the North Corean camps).

And now for the reasons of all this, well, don't trust "science" and her lies either, just "trust" the bad connections within your own, poor brain (or do even not if you don't want to fall to self-deceit any other second):

Here's a wonderful specimen of why, for example, even corporations like MS ain't able to output decent software (just two lesser-known examples: yes, Word has got cross-links, but have a look at the way they are implemented; yes, there is Active Directory, but look at its incredibly bad permissions M), and it also explains why even very smart people's output, in most cases, is abysmal: the smarter you are, the sooner in your life you will have internalized that total self-censorship is in your primal interest: They call this "survival instinct" (Darwin's "best fit");  it's not but in very few industries where "anything goes" that ironically you are entitled to set your thinking free (and the more perverted and / or strange the better).

But back to the regular way of collaboration and which assures that nothing outstanding will be created, even if the combined I.Q. of 3 people amounts to 500, and how they "sell" you their propaganda (note the lovely pic which I'd call the "shut-up nigga" - well, I'm just the messenger, and of course that pic reminded me of Uncle Tom, and of the mythological three apes; also note the perfect white-collar clothing of the shut-up nigga - so please identify to him if you're white, too: if even bogeyman can be hand-tame, you can be be a "good dog!", too!):

http://www.ozy.com/a...&utm_campaign=pp

Well, if you wonder how a "normal person" can title

"How to Succeed at Work? Censor Yourself",

here's why,

"After a childhood of jumping from country to country, Nathan is used to feeling like a tourist everywhere he goes."

Yes, that's the fate of many a diplomat's child: Lifelong deracination to the point of believing in the salvationary nature of any Ebola saliva they feed you, instead of just gulping it in order to survive for some more days. (Of course, I don't even mention possible insurgency against your gaolers: That's as out of the question for the lifelong inmates of Western oligarchies as it is for Pyongyang's slaves.)

If up to now, you only felt that it was oh so queer that even very smart people a) "believe" and / or b) produce quite underwhelming output, even in big corporations where there's plenty of resources, well, face it:

The human brain's interconnections ain't done that brilliantly yet... which might end up quite soon in some new ai mainframes even queerer than man himself, and that could be another end (except for the mythical cockroaches, and then, in some more million years from now...).

In the meantime, "Merry Christmas!" and similar are sort of an obscenity, don't you think so?

The above "How to Succeed at Work? Censor Yourself" is one side of the coin, the findings of the Milgram experiment (1963) being the other side, the "coin" being Man's Perverted Nature.

Hence, no hope for any decent MS software ever! ;-) And sorry for possibly having impeded your Christmas illusion, but at least smart people should revert to thinking mode here and then, at the very least, and perhaps Christmas' contemplative mood could lower your traditional, human resistance  to home truth.

(Notes: a: Man's worth in this society being determined by his standing, it's consequential that the smartest coders go to MS et al., instead of doing their own thing, since most own things in coding don't generate high 6- to low 7-digit incomes p.a., and that's why even from "independent developers", you don't get real goodies in most occurrences either; b: Don't blame me for not having read the original Cornell Univ article from http://digitalcommon...ll.edu/articles/910/ "Creativity from Constraint? How Political Correctness Influences Creativity in Mixed-Sex Work Groups", I reminded you of the reasons for this just days ago; don't blame me for not developing the bias between Nathan's article and the mixed-sex work group setting we're referring to - believe us: mixed-sex group thinking has very little to do with mental auto-crippling, fascism just being another word for group-dynamics, and vice-versa, and leafing thru any newspaper of your choice does show the effects of this very unhealthy miswiring of most of ours' brains, page after page.)
When the wise points to the moon, the moron just looks at his pointer. China.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: And IT Man of the Year 2014 Is...
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 11:33 AM »
I'm not sure I quite follow what you're getting at here. But I'll keep trying. :)

And, um...I thought Diego Garcia was a secretive U.S. military base that's been much in the alternative and conspiracy news channels of late.

Now I have a question for you: What does any of the rest of your post have to do with: And IT Man of the Year 2014 Is...

I hope that wasn't an attempt at click-baiting on your part. Because if so, that's a definite breech of etiquette around here. :(
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 11:55 AM by 40hz »

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 07:34 PM »
I'm not sure I quite follow what you're getting at here. But I'll keep trying. :)

I read through it three times when he first posted it & once just now after reading your reply and I still can't get a sense of what point he is trying to make.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 03:30 AM »

I read through it three times when he first posted it & once just now after reading your reply and I still can't get a sense of what point he is trying to make.

Considering I have yet to get the point of any of his posts, you're not alone.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 08:07 PM »

I keep telling myself it has to be a language barrier of some kind & the translating program he's using isn't quite up to snuff....or something like that.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 03:02 AM »

Yes, absolutely. I actually replied to what seemed (to me) to be a rather confusing post by @peter.s, on the topic of the Yahoo InfoSelect forum. It was apparently a response to my earlier comment - which was a sort of "necro thread arise" comment.
Though I could extract some sense from that particular post of @peter.s', I can't make much sense of the OP in this thread.
There are several other members in the DCF whose posts will sometimes ask for help, discussion or idea contribution, or something, yet, when I try to engage, I get the distinct impression from the response to such engagement that I'd have been better advised to utilise my time on something more productive, so I rarely - if ever - engage in discussion with them again. That is, I generally tend to disengage and avoid them in future. Sometimes they may even hound me via my PM Inbox to (say) push their paradigm down my throat, as it were, so I quietly block them without reply. It's not that I don't want to help or contribute to (say) an interesting discussion in some way (I nearly always do), it's just that in some circumstances I can't see that I am able to achieve anything worthwhile or useful in further engagement.
Life's too short and there's so much new stuff to do/experience/understand.

I don't want to ad hom @peter.s, or anyone else, by this. We are all different. For example, including different ways of thinking, differing educational levels, and not all here have English as a mother tongue, so expression of meaning and communication, and arriving at a mutual understanding - through the medium of the forum discussions - is likely be a bit of a challenge at times.
Mind you, some people (not me, you understand) might say that, given that this is an IT-coder forum, @peter.s could be an acronym for a really smart experimental artificial intelligence proggy that is being developed, but I couldn't possibly comment.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 10:34 AM »
Mind you, some people (not me, you understand) might say that, given that this is an IT-coder forum, @peter.s could be an acronym for a really smart experimental artificial intelligence proggy that is being developed, but I couldn't possibly comment.

Funny, but that same half-suspicion has crossed my mind on more than one occasion. ;)