topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 6:10 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Mailbird  (Read 3906 times)

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Mailbird
« on: December 23, 2014, 03:43 AM »
Anyone using the Mailbird Email client and can recommend (or advise against) it?

http://www.getmailbird.com/

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Mailbird
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 02:16 PM »
30 days money back guarantee, and merely $6 per year - and they also offer a free version? Wow!

I had never heard of it before, so Thanks for informing!  :up:

------

Interesting (lack of) feature:

We respect our users’ privacy and therefore Mailbird was developed to never scan the content of your inbox or other personal information.

http://www.getmailbird.com/features/
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:21 PM by Curt, Reason: link »

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 06:31 PM »
I tried it.  It's now uninstalled.  Didn't actually *do* anything to my mailbox, and stopped responding.  meh.

Dirhael

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • defreitas.no
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 08:01 PM »
I've used it (alongside eM Client) since March this year (bought a lifetime license), and as a mail client I really like it. It's simple, fast, looks good and keeps getting updated. It's simplicity is a strength, but also a weakness depending on your needs. If all you need is a mail client it does the job, and does it very well. If you need more advanced features, or stuff such as a fully integrated calendar then you should probably look elsewhere. The same applies if you're using it with a lot of different mail accounts. It handles them well enough, but the lack of a unified inbox (for now, it is coming at some point) is somewhat annoying.
Registered nurse by day, hobby programmer by night.

highend01

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 10:38 AM »
It takes merely ages for any feature to implement. They took over a year for an address book and is it capable of syncing (e.g. a carddav server)? Nope. Everything it does is always pretty basic, if you need anything that coexists within a heterogeneous environment (by syncing it's stuff), look elsewhere...