ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

SourceForge - wtf - now it's harder to download??

(1/1)

mouser:
from nice blog entry.
this is getting ridiculous from sourceforge..

As I was jumping through the usual hoops required to download a file from sourceforge.net, I stumbled upon a new hoop they put in. Apparently the kind folks over at sourceforge decided it would be a good idea to change the download link into a javascript function that submitted a hidden form. Why they did this, I doubt we’ll ever know, but it really makes using the site much more difficult.

--- End quote ---

https://foilhat.org/archive/2006/06/10/sourceforgenet-drops-the-ball/

from digg.com

Eóin:
Note: one person suggested to copy/paste the url as it is displayed on the page. While this works, it’s not as easy as it sounds, since most browsers will treat dragging over the url as trying to make a shortcut, not to mention it’s just more unnecessary effort
--- End quote ---

I think he's overeacting a bit, the copying the displayed url on the page is a rather simple solution.

f0dder:
Hmm, I thought sourceforge was already bad enough. I'm not really fond of sites using javascript for things like this. It seems 100% superfluous.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version