topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 2:52 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: TaskCatcher Sneak Preview Beta!  (Read 2124 times)

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
TaskCatcher Sneak Preview Beta!
« on: December 23, 2014, 10:39 AM »
You can't keep a good developer down... and with WinPatrol in good hands with RuiWare, BillP has moved on to TaskCatcher

From the site:

Task Catcher Sneak Preview Beta!

Current customers have access to all proposed features. In appreciation to long time fans of BillP you can purchase Task Catcher during our Sneak Preview for only $9.95. That's 50% off the launch cost of a single user license.

When I first created Task Catcher I had grand expectations to manage the research and development of both WinPatrol and Task Catcher. Due to popularity of WinPatrol my attention to Task Catcher suffered. Now, WinPatrol is being enhanced by new technology from Ruiware and I have time to make Task Catcher a program I wouldn’t want to be without.

Current Preview Task Catcher v1.9.5.0.

My goal is to create an app that I can use on both my phone and desktop. Microsoft has made it possible to use their new technology in ways even they didn't imagine. I have improved and updated the Windows Desktop app giving it many of the tweaks I used to optimize WinPatrol. Task Catcher isn't like WinPatrol but it has been written in C and optimized to run in the background without interfering with your computer or its performance. It uses a “Windows Hook” allowing it to sleep until a task is either created or destroyed. Even then it has little work to do. What I learn optimizing the Desktop app will be added to the mobile versions along with unique new functionality.

Task Catcher isn’t a replacement for Task Manager or a competitor for Process Explorer. I did however take advantage of user testing Microsoft did when they updated their own Windows Task/Process Manager, Microsoft Building Windows 8 - Task Manager I’ve taken the best of their research and applied it to Task Catcher but mostly I listened to the existing users and have added the features they have patiented waited for.
Task Catcher has specific functionality that will be tested in our first sneak preview while other functionality and interface improvements are added.

Track Programs
One of the newest features added to Task Catcher we'll track how often you spend running your favorite programs. The Sneak Peview will show you simple statistics and depending on user feedback you may see unique data compatible with your favorite spreadsheet. You should also see date and times formatted correctly for your region.You can tell Task Catcher which programs you depend on and it will make sure that your required program is always running. If Task Catcher doesn't see your "Watched" program, it will alert you or automatically restart it. The choice is always yours.

Watch List
You can tell Task Catcher which programs you depend on and it will make sure that your required program is always running. If Task Catcher doesn't see your "Watched" program, it will alert you or automatically restart it. The choice is always yours.

Blocked List
Sometimes there are programs you never want started on your system. Programs added to your Block List will automatically be shut down when detected by Task Catcher.
Task Catcher will allow you to create a Block List of programs you want to make sure the kids can never run.