ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

production salt-water pwrd car

(1/3) > >>

bit:
Purely aside from how way cool this car is, can you imagine a salt-water powered DC3 retro-airliner, or this NASA concept airliner, that guarantees if it crash-lands you won't be burned alive by all the spilled fuel?

SeraphimLabs:
Its not sea salt. Or anything remotely common or cheap.

Its an exotic chemical salt that makes this work, and the article grossly understates this fact.

Though it is certainly one of the more interesting energy solutions, its not going to be cheap or widespread unless the method of making the salt solution it consumes can be done on the cheap and has no lasting environmental consequences if it is spilled.

Stoic Joker:
At least it's an 'Eco Friendly' car that can make it past 60 in less than a half an hour.
0-60 in 2.8 seconds
Top Speed 217
Horse Power 920

Now they're making sense...instead of the complete emasculated weed-whacker powered Toyota Prius crap.

@SephimLabs - Can you link us to the fancy salt specifics? I saw no mention of it in bit's article - Which I believe was your point.. :)

bit:
Its not sea salt. Or anything remotely common or cheap.

Its an exotic chemical salt that makes this work, and the article grossly understates this fact.

Though it is certainly one of the more interesting energy solutions, its not going to be cheap or widespread unless the method of making the salt solution it consumes can be done on the cheap and has no lasting environmental consequences if it is spilled.

-SeraphimLabs (December 09, 2014, 03:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's too bad.
There are some designs that run on water, but one inventor was poisoned and his plans confiscated by the govt., and no other breakthroughs have reached the street level market.
Some high school kids came up with a Diesel that got 200mpg, and I guess big industry swooped on them and not another word was heard.
Some guy in Japan keeps promising a water-powered power generator, but so far it's just 'promises promises'.
I guess the 'car of tomorrow' is very aptly named; it's 'always tomorrow'.

Renegade:
I guess the 'car of tomorrow' is very aptly named; it's 'always tomorrow'.
-bit (December 14, 2014, 12:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

The price tag says "never" for most of us. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version