ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Folder Node does not like spaces in filenames

<< < (2/3) > >>

ScreenManiac:
Step by step:
I add a 2nd level subtree on the left side
I assign it the Node Tye: Folder
Checkmark "Divide Leter Groups" = ON
Root Folder to Display: ..\MyHelp
Accept File Patterns: *.htm*|*.chm

That's about it. The folder "MyHelp" contains the output of my personal wiki-system, exported mostly as html, some longer topics as chm. Some have file names like "JPEG Illuminator.html" or "A + B Company.html". No error message or anything, LCB simply refuses to do anything with them. Renaming them to "JPEG_Illuminator" and "A_+_B_Company" solves the problem.

I am on Win7.

mouser:
Ok so without trying to reproduce yet, i am noticing that those are both HTML files.. i wonder.. could you see if the behavior is also present on non .html files?

ScreenManiac:
You're right, doesn't happen with chm and txt - never noticed that it does indeed only occur with html files.

mouser:
next question:

if you go to the main Options node, and the second tab "Program Options 2", what do you have for Custom Internet Browser?
If you have something specified and are using $$1, try "$$1" instead.

IainB:
Ok so without trying to reproduce yet, i am noticing that those are both HTML files.. i wonder.. could you see if the behavior is also present on non .html files?
-mouser (December 20, 2014, 10:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
Good point. I have noticed that other software and file-handlers sometimes dislike .html files with embedded spaces in the filename. I had presumed this was in line with some obscure Microsoft or other filenaming standard that I was unaware of.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version