ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox update download trap

<< < (2/2)

bit:
Aside from the other remedies, I would suggest switching to Firefox Portable, then you can create a couple of backup copies and number them with suffixes, as 'Firefox bkup 1', 'Firefox bkup 2'.
Then if everything gets hopelessly goofed on your active copy, export your bookmarks.html file to Desktop, rename a backup copy to be the active copy (temporarily rename the goofed copy 'Firefox goofed' before deleting it), then import your up-to-date bookmarks.html.

^re: [I thought "sneak snack snuk" was better but online reference says I should write "sneaked."]
You could also write or say 'snook'. :)

ewemoa:
I would suggest switching to Firefox Portable
-bit (December 06, 2014, 03:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

:)

MilesAhead:
I would suggest switching to Firefox Portable
--- End quote ---

:)
-ewemoa (December 06, 2014, 07:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have the same nightly in portable version.  Trouble with that is if I check for updates it totally breaks it since the update is attempted even though it never succeeds in the PortableApps version.  Also setting it as default involves a hack.  Now that the browser install has stopped refusing to copy an older version over the newer it's really easier to just install over it.

MilesAhead:
[I thought "sneak snack snuk" was better but online reference says I should write "sneaked."]
You could also write or say 'snook'
--- End quote ---

Ah, it's been too long since I brushed up on English Grammar.  :)

Edit:  btw if anyone is trying the Firefox x64 Nightly, I'm not sure exactly what happened, but it seemed like when I tried Session Manager AddOn other extensions stopped working and I had problems I could fix with restore points or reinstall.  Fortunately my Cyberfox seems unaffected.  For the time being I'm back to using that.

Also I don't trust Sync, since it doesn't have a manual overwrite mode.  But my Bookmarks seem OK.  My guess is some interaction with Nightly and that AddOn.  Even my 32 bit FF got hosed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version