topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:42 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Display bug (WIN95)  (Read 16457 times)

SAE140

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Display bug (WIN95)
« on: June 10, 2006, 05:24 AM »
Just joined - so don't know the protocol yet - will try blundering through ...

Have just downloaded Random MixTape 1.0.4.38 as it promises to be just what I'm looking for.  Bummer - some of the program window is off the screen and refuses to re-size.
Am running WIN95b - which is probably a lot to do with it.

Hope there's an easy fix.

Colin

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Display bug (WIN95)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 06:51 AM »
Welcome - can't help with the problem but am impressed that there is anyone out there still using Windows 95 !!!

seedling

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 03:05 PM »
wow, windows 95! :)

well, i do not have a win95 machine to debug on, but let me ask: what is your screen resolution set to?

here's why i ask (and what i'm thinking may be the problem)

if you have your resolution at 800 x 600 then not only will will this app take up your entire screen, but you won't be able to resize it. it's not a bug. this app is set with a minimum window size of 810 x 710 and should be used with a resolution size of at least 1024 x 768. i could allow this to be resized down even more, but then certain options would undoubtedly be covered up in the process.

if this doesn't cover your problem, let me know
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 03:23 PM by seedling »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 07:46 PM »
it might be nice to get the min size down to 800x600 if possible..

seedling

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 10:48 PM »
no problem i'll just redesign the gui :)

haha

no, seriously, it's a good and valid suggestion and something that i should've thought of before since a lot of ppl still, for one reason or another, use that resolution.

i'll see what i can do

EDIT:

ok, here try the attachment
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 11:21 PM by seedling »

SAE140

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 05:56 AM »
wow, windows 95! :)

well, i do not have a win95 machine to debug on, but let me ask: what is your screen resolution set to?

here's why i ask (and what i'm thinking may be the problem)

if you have your resolution at 800 x 600 then not only will will this app take up your entire screen, but you won't be able to resize it. it's not a bug. this app is set with a minimum window size of 810 x 710 and should be used with a resolution size of at least 1024 x 768. i could allow this to be resized down even more, but then certain options would undoubtedly be covered up in the process.

if this doesn't cover your problem, let me know

Running 1024 x 768 with an S3 something-or-other into a Compaq 17".  Problem was (sic) that stuff was off the screen - and I didn't know what it was !!  Curious experience, trying to re-size the screen only to find that said machine was disobeying me !!  Hope the virus writing community doesn't get to hear of this - they could have some fun ....

Thanks for the updated file - it still fills the 1024 x 768 screen wall-to-wall, but now with everything showing.  So - let playing commence ...

Excellent work - thank you.

Colin

hadstock

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 03:36 AM »
I'm having the same non-total-display & no-resize problems on a 1280 x 1024 display with XP. Have tried the revised version on your Jun 10 post but still have the problems (should I have uninstalled anything from the earlier version? Couldn't find the app on the Win Uninstall list so I assumed not).
A bit more info for you - attempting to resize by dragging the double-headed arrow on the border merely moves the window round the screen.
Can't use the program at all as can't select folders to use!
Chris

seedling

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 08:29 PM »
hmm...

well, i'm using 1024 x 768 display with no problems. the min form size is set to 800 x 600 so if you're using a resolution that is larger than that, then you should be able to see the entire form. if you're not, the only thing i can think of is perhaps you're using some sort of oversized fonts or strange theme that blows up normal window bars and other screen real estate by using large fonts and icons.  if that's not the case, then you should check your settings.ini file and look at the following lines:

fHeight = 600
fWidth = 800

if those values are larger than your screen size, then you should change them to the above values or as a last resort you should BACKUP your settings.ini file in the RMTM dir, delete it, and restart RMTM. if that still doesn't fix it... then i'm kinda out of ideas.