topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 3:46 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Dark Souls™: Prepare To Die™ Edition - 75% Discount - Steam  (Read 4727 times)

Attronarch

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Great game on sale. For those who haven't played it - it is challenging, you die a lot, it is completely non-linear, you are free to develop your character as you wish, and great combat system. It also has good replayability.

DS.jpg

Link: http://store.steampo...ered.com/app/211420/

Attronarch

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Dark Souls™: Prepare To Die™ Edition - 75% Discount - Steam
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 01:55 AM »
Help needed - I just noticed that I cannot buy game in my region! If someone from USA could help me, please let me know via PM!

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Dark Souls™: Prepare To Die™ Edition - 75% Discount - Steam
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 01:11 PM »
I've been playing this game a lot lately. I really enjoy it.

It needs a few tweaks first, so be sure to look up DSFix so you can play the game at 1080p resolution (or higher). But once you've got that settled, it's time to start playing.

One of the great things about this game is that the combat is (generally) based more on skill than on grinding XP to level up your character. Few games make you feel like you have personally become more skilled and powerful like this one does such as when you find yourself literally running circles around an enemy so you can backstab them--thus killing them in one hit--instead of cautiously approaching with your shield up and getting killed anyway several times.

I recommend it (if you like this sort of thing).

Also be aware that the game uses Games for Windows Live (which has recently been put on life support by Microsoft) and thus the game is (soon to be) in the process of migrating from using GFWL services to using Steamworks for cloud saves and achievements, etc. That's expected to happen sometime in December and may require some action on your part to migrate your saves and achievements.