topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 1:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IndieVolume and ProcessTamer's bubble pop sound  (Read 7104 times)

broken85

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IndieVolume and ProcessTamer's bubble pop sound
« on: June 09, 2006, 10:48 PM »
I don't know if this is just because I'm on x64, or if other applications do this as well, but for some reason even though I select ProcessTamer's executable, the volume of the blip noise doesn't change. I noticed at work that there was a Kernel entry in IndieVolume, but there isn't one here, so I'm thinking maybe it's the kernel executable that created the blip? That would suck. Any ideas? Hope this makes sense, let me know if any further information could be of use here.

I don't mean to be anal about such a thing as the volume of the blip, but I almost always listen to high quality MP3s while I'm on my computer and sometimes get annoyed when tray icons are always blipping at me.

Otherwise, would you consider adding a mute option for the blip, if that's a possibility on a per-application basis in Windows (I haven't experimented with that yet)?

As usual, I appreciate your assistance  :Thmbsup:

Ben
--
Ben M

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: IndieVolume and ProcessTamer's bubble pop sound
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 12:36 AM »
it's a built in windows balloon tip thing..
i wonder if there is an option to disable the sound associated with balloon tips.

a reasonable solution might be to simply disable balloon messages inside process tamer (make sure you get the latest version which has lots of balloon message options).

broken85

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 01:43 PM »
I really like seeing which software it is taming without having to hover or click, but because of the frequency of notifications depending on what I'm doing, the sound sometimes becomes annoying.

I think I can go in to the properties window for windows' sounds and disable it, but I like it for programs that only have things to report every once in a while. Or maybe I could find out where it resides and shave off a few decibels, but it would be nice if there was an easy solution to automate it.

I wonder if I could make an ahk script to enable/disable the pop sounds on the fly. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard. Maybe I'll look into that :)

Ben
--
Ben M

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 07:40 PM »
i think i will look into using an alternative means of displaying messages as well, in addition to balloon tips, like a simple text overlay on screen (as an option).