topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:36 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Target/K-mart remove GTA V from shelves - new petition to ban Super Mario Bros  (Read 5772 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
This is just hilarious. Target and K-mart removed GTA V from the shelves in Australia after caving in to a petition about the game.

Now, there's a petition to remove Super Mario Bros.

https://www.change.o...are?just_signed=true

Target Australia Must Remove All Super Mario Bros Games From Sale

Target Australia have shown that they, and their consumers, have the power to remove products from sale, especially video games, that are potentially harmful to people such as improperly-parented children and those with predisposed and medically diagnosable pathological disorders.

For years, Nintendo's Super Mario Bros series of computer games have used a colourful and friendly design and simplistic, repetitive structure to deliver a strong message of willful murder of wildlife, consumption of hallucenogenic flora and collection of income without declaration of tax.

As was the case with other drug-and-murder-simulators, like Grand Theft Auto 5, Target continues to sell these products in order to turn a profit without any thought as to the long-term effects to their consumers.

Just as with GTA5, we, the consumer, have the power to send a message to the big corporations to say that we're fed up with having to monitor what out children do, or deal with extreme cases of psychological break in adults who continue to use video games as a scapegoat.

So sign this petition, and make a difference.

Here's an article about GTA V being pulled:

http://www.theguardi...ame-sale?CMP=soc_567

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It is somewhat ironic that the complaint motivating it was made by three people who were offended because of the violence they experienced in real life while engaged in what is also considered by many to be an immoral and/or criminal activity.

"Isn't life strange?" as the Moody Blues song put it. :huh:

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This is just hilarious. Target and K-mart removed GTA V from the shelves in Australia after caving in to a petition about the game.

Now, there's a petition to remove Super Mario Bros.

https://www.change.o...are?just_signed=true

Just as with GTA5, we, the consumer, have the power to send a message to the big corporations to say that we're fed up with having to monitor what out children do, or deal with extreme cases of psychological break in adults who continue to use video games as a scapegoat.

So sign this petition, and make a difference.

So... They're "Fed up" with having to monitor what their children are doing?? That's one of the core responsibilities of being a parent FFS. If they don't want to have to be bothered with watching the kids...perhaps they shouldn't be squirting them out. Society would be just fine with a few less unruly, disenfranchised, insufficiently hugged little pecker heads.

The problem isn't the kids being exposed to the darker side of human interaction. The problem is if the kids are only exposed to the darker side of human interaction ... because their parents are too freaking lazy/busy/preoccupied to watch - as in monitor - them properly.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If they don't want to have to be bothered with watching the kids...perhaps they shouldn't be squirting them out.

Um...I think they were pranking with that petition. ;)

That said, I agree. 8)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
And 500+ people who care enough to stop the evil rampages of Super Mario Bros as they destroy wildlife, promote illicit drug use among children, encourage animal torture in young kids, and never pay a single coin in taxes!

https://www.change.o...-from-sale/u/8945006

6 Dec 2014 — Another milestone, please continue to share this petition to everyone you know! We're still only a small percentage of the way to gaining the kind of traction that helped remove other obscene video games from department store shelves.

Remember, there is such thing as too much freedom of artistic expression and video games are at the vile, self-indulgent precipice of it all.

C'mon people! Show you care! Think of the children!

SeraphimLabs

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • Be Ready
    • View Profile
    • SeraphimLabs
    • Donate to Member
They're doing it wrong.

These petitions should instead be banning consoles in general as an enabling technology to allow violence and crime into the household without an easy means of parental control- becase lets face it most parents have no clue how to enable that feature and most kids know how to bypass it completely.

No consoles = no violent immoral games to run on them.

Then all they have to do is properly lock down their PC so that the kid can't install software on it, and the parents have complete control and the ability to install only christian-approved brainwashing games like so many have done.

Oh and last night on Imgur, I saw a petition to ban the bible from being sold in stores for promoting violent crime, sexism, and incest. From the same line of thought that got GTA-V banned.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Oh and last night on Imgur, I saw a petition to ban the bible from being sold in stores for promoting violent crime, sexism, and incest. From the same line of thought that got GTA-V banned.

Albeit sadly predictable, that is mind blowingly retarded ... And I'm and atheist.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member

Albeit sadly predictable, that is mind blowingly retarded ... And I'm and atheist.

Here's an article on that:

http://www.hollywood...heft-auto-ban-754136