topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:17 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Mischief 2.0: very promising drawing software ($25 !!)  (Read 7433 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Mischief 2.0: very promising drawing software ($25 !!)
« on: December 03, 2014, 09:51 AM »
https://www.madewith...ischief.com/mischief

There's this new player in the art software category.  I just installed it, it is really amazing.  It's fast, as in drawing the strokes on a tablet with a stylus is much more responsive with this program vs. photoshop, clip studio (which is what I currently use).  And it has this "infinite zoom" feature, which is essentially vector graphics for a program like photoshop.  So it combines features of Illustrator, photoshop into one program, which is what the clip studio tries to do a little also.  What makes mischief stand out is the touch-friendly interface...very simple layout (you don't have to hide/unhide the sidebars all the time, or get those artdocks), and it supports multi-touch gestures.

I really like the idea of zooming in and out and not getting any pixelation.  Also, a unique feature...the brush size doesn't get smaller/larger as you zoom out or in.  it stays the same size.  Why is that cool?  Let's say I drew a tiny tiny circle...now I can zoom way into the circle and draw yet another tiny circle inside it without changing the brush size and the thicknesses are relative to the zoom.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Mischief 2.0: very promising drawing software ($25 !!)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 01:12 PM »
Looks interesting. Now if I can just remember what I did with my Wacom pad, I might give it a spin - assuming it works with a 5-year old drawing tablet

Oops! Scratch that. I just remembered, I already gave it away. :-[

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 04:13 PM »
Looks interesting. Now if I can just remember what I did with my Wacom pad, I might give it a spin - assuming it works with a 5-year old drawing tablet

Oops! Scratch that. I just remembered, I already gave it away. :-[
you gave it away?!  You are a very generous individual!  ;D

I'm going to try using this program as my general notepad...i.e. replace onenote.  I've already been doing so with photoshop canvases, but that's a little overkill.

zenzai

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 04:30 AM »
Tried it a while ago but I already have Artrage and it seems to do pretty much the same:

http://www.artrage.com/

I think to many software companies are reinventing the wheel, it's a waste of time and resources IMO.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 09:28 AM »
Tried it a while ago but I already have Artrage and it seems to do pretty much the same:

I think to many software companies are reinventing the wheel, it's a waste of time and resources IMO.

I didn't realize they had a windows offering.  very cool.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 02:42 PM »

Curious: is Artrage also vector based?
Tom