ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Adding New Software Authors to the Site

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
i'd also be interested in hearing any ideas you guys/gals have about what you would want from authors who join the site.. we don't want to set up silly beurocratic rules - i'm more interested in a general spirit that authors can look at and say, yes this site really suits me, or say, hmm.. no this does not match my goals and attitude.  one thing i have made clear in discussions is that participation to some extent on the forums to talk with users of your programs is important to us.. any other thoughts?

mouser:
one requirement that i think might be somewhat controversial is my view that an author on donationcoder.com should not have some freeware programs on donationcoder and others offered as shareware.  i don't have a problem with shareware, and iff an author decides at some point they want to leave donationcoder.com and pursue shareware that's of course perfectly fine.  but  i just think it would be inappropriate for DonationCoder.Com authors to be here and also sell shareware simultaneously. *

*i'm completely open to a kind of dual-license for commercial use, where an author might say that if you use a tool in some direct COMMERCIAL capacity, you are expected to make a certain donation after you start realizing profits.  i think it would be nice to see some programming libraries offered through DonationCoder.com of this flavor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version