topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:10 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Where is select all?  (Read 3432 times)

questorfla

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • Fighting Slime all the Time
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Where is select all?
« on: November 30, 2014, 10:27 PM »
Unless i am just to tired to remember, there used to be a way to use a right click option called "Select all".  This was done so that you could search a directory and all subdirs for a certain type of file, say DOC or PDF and when the list came up it coule have hundreds of files in it.  You could either select the first file found one, then scroll to the last one hold SHIFT when you selected it which highlighted them all.  At which time you could move them all at once to a new location.
The highlight top and shift highlight last worked (and still does) but on listed that go several pages it is tedious. 
I swear there used to also be an option for "select all" which did the same thing then you could right click and move them all to the folder you wanted them in.
I may have dreamed this up but i really thought it used to be there.  If not, anybody know a way to add it to 8.1 windows explorer?

questorfla

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Where is select all?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 10:30 PM »
OK cancel the call.   finally found where they moved it to.
In the hidden ribbon of course. :(
Sorry

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 11:18 PM »
Easy shortcut....Select one file and then hit Ctrl-A. All the files will then be selected. No crazy scrolling or digging through menus needed.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 11:35 AM »
Easy shortcut....Select one file and then hit Ctrl-A. All the files will then be selected. No crazy scrolling or digging through menus needed.

+1 for keyboard shortcuts, I'd be lost without them.

questorfla

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 02:03 PM »
yeah, i know.  I am a ctrl+a ctrl+V Ctrl+P etc guy too but this was something i was asked to show someone and they are NOT a keyboard shortcut type.  In addition, I noticed that for some reason I have a completely different type of ribbon than they do.  I still don't know what's up with that.  Not sure if i t is something I installed or if I am actually running a different version of windows 8.1. 

Mine has all kinds of "stuff" in it and isn't even always there.  When it is, it shows options theirs doesn't. 
It is possible that the system in question was ordered with 8.1 pro instead of home premium but i did not know the ribbon would be different.