topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 4:29 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Frames & Edges  (Read 4818 times)

dluby

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Frames & Edges
« on: June 09, 2006, 09:12 AM »
Hi,

I captured a screenshot and applied a frame (RaggedBR2.png) to it, saved it (PNG format) and it still appears fine in ScreenCaptor.

Then I copied it and after pasting it into Lotus Notes (ver. 6.0) or Microsoft Word 2003 the image appears complete but with a jagged line through it, while it should have the lower right of the image missing.

Is this my misunderstanding of how this should work?

Thanks

Damian

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Frames & Edges
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 09:40 AM »
it's possible the application you pasted the image into doesn't support .png transparencies, if you can see the bottom right corner.

dluby

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 10:02 AM »
I've just pasted the image into IrfanView (ver. 3.98) and its also showing the bottom right corner. I then tried to open the file from within IrfanView and its still the same (this was to avoid any possible problems with copying/pasting being the culprit).

dluby

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 10:16 AM »
I've just saved the image as JPG and opened it IrFanView and its fine.  I then opened the PNG format image from Word and it opened fine (but not from IrfanView). It may be an issue with copying/pasting and maybe IrfranView doesn't automatically use transparencies? Ah sure not to worry!