ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movie Title from info fragments

(1/1)

MilesAhead:
There are obviously some movie buffs on DC.  I thought it may be an opportunity to post movie info fragments, such as plot or remembered locations, cast etc.. to see if anyone can remember the title.

I have been unable to find this film title:  The film concerns an auto mechanic who works at a Firestone Tire Store.  A mafioso brings his Caddy to him if he hears the least noise that shouldn't be there.  He refers to the mechanic's ability to ipick up sounds no one else can detect(except of course the mafia guy since he is so attuned to his own car.)  I believe he says words to the effect "the kid has some ear" several times in the film.

Where it gets dicey for the mechanic is that for some reason the mafia don's girl friend thinks he is sexy.  She cheats on the don with him.  The don gets wise and pursues them to kill the mechanic etc..

I think the actor who plays the mechanic is a first timer or no name guy.  I cannot recall who plays the mafioso.  I tried Joe Peshi but found nothing in his filmography that rang a bell.

If you think you know the film or have one of your own to find, please post.  :)

4wd:
I can't help you with the name of the film but since a car seems to play a large part in it you could try looking at the IMCDb.

Internet Movie Cars Database

There is ~433 pages of movies/TV shows that have a Cadillac - if you could narrow down the model it will reduce the list somewhat.

MilesAhead:
I can't help you with the name of the film but since a car seems to play a large part in it you could try looking at the IMCDb.

Internet Movie Cars Database

There is ~433 pages of movies/TV shows that have a Cadillac - if you could narrow down the model it will reduce the list somewhat.
-4wd (November 29, 2014, 02:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

It turns out the film was Lost Highway as I thought.  Good to know my memory isn't totally shot.  :)
Wikipedia went into the auto mechanic subplot as well as the part about the musician.  Most other descriptions just had the musician part.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version