ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

autocorrect

(1/2) > >>

kalos:
hello

IE or MS Office have strong autocorrect of common spelling mistakes

they somehow identify which word you want to write, evne if yu wirte lkie tish

but I want it to work in every text I type anywhere

is there a good solution?

I am not looking for a program that will autoreplace common specific spelling mistakes from a library, because my spelling mistake may not be included in the library

I would like something, maybe with artificial intelligence or something, that will detect the correct thing I want to say

thanks

bit:
My only suggestion would be that MS Word, OpenOffice, and other word processors with auto-correct can be customized by you to add just about any corrections or word changes you wish, so it's a little more useful than just using the dictionary list that comes with the word processor.

IainB:
There is one application I recall that does just what seems to be asked for in the OP, and I was testing it a few weeks ago, but for the life of me I can't recall it's name. Sorry.    :-[
(I uninstalled it as it was too good at what it did and seemed rather intrusive.)
I think it might have been an Autohotkey app from Lifehacker.

Also, try:

* Recommend less known macro apps and text expanders
* Also DC's @timns Auspex.

Curt:
whitesmoke claims they can do it. But is has been many years since I last had the program installed - because now I wrait perfekt engliz - so I can't advice you.

http://www.whitesmoke.com/whitesmoke-writing-software.html

kalos:
guys I don't need a text editor or word processor!

I want to type correctly everywhere! in firefox, in chrome, in thunderbird, everywhere!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version