ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting tad bit - MS Windows Genuine Advantage Phones Home Every day

<< < (3/11) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Try some of these links for stuff on MS Backdoors ...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB&q=Windows%20Microsoft%20Backdoors

I have no proof that MS has backdoors into their software but I would be very surprised if there weren't some! I've seen 'War Games' ...  :-[

Josh:
Yes, that was a rumor started by an news reporter after the law officials overseas tried to get MS to PUT a backdoor in vista to decrypt bitlocker volumes. Microsoft has already acknowledged that no backdoor would be provided.

Carol Haynes:
Yes, that was a rumor started by an news reporter after the law officials overseas tried to get MS to PUT a backdoor in vista to decrypt bitlocker volumes. Microsoft has already acknowledged that no backdoor would be provided.
-Josh (June 09, 2006, 04:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well none that they will admit to publicly  8)

If it ever became public knowledge that MS had backdoors into Windows the business world would leave like lemmings - doesn't mean that there aren't backdoors that are only suspected though!

There have been plenty of exmaples of backdoors left in systems by developers as insurance against dismissal that have then caused fun and games when the inevitable happens.

Can't help wondering whether a lot of the potential security problems are purely bad programming or whether some of them were deliberate and now attributed to programming issues.

thunder7:
If it ever became public knowledge that MS had backdoors into Windows the business world would leave like lemmings - doesn't mean that there aren't backdoors that are only suspected though!

There have been plenty of examples of backdoors left in systems by developers as insurance against dismissal that have then caused fun and games when the inevitable happens.

Can't help wondering whether a lot of the potential security problems are purely bad programming or whether some of them were deliberate and now attributed to programming issues.
--- End quote ---

If it ever became public knowledge that MS had backdoors into Windows the business world would leave like lemmings Well being Windows is the only OS that so far can handle our digi cams,and other hardware.
It is kind of hard to leave. For example: I am just now figuring out cmd lines. I may have been on the net for 12 years. There is much I do not know yet. That is why I am here to learn, because I do not know everything!.

I just know Windows 95,98,98SE, Windows ME I am slowly learning Windows XP Pro

Can't help wondering whether a lot of the potential security problems are purely bad programming or whether some of them were deliberate and now attributed to programming issues Well that is why coders have beta testers as myself to test there programs. I know a few programmers with a million, billion lines of code there are error's (Windows Many Errors).

There are many back doors, weather we choose to believe this or not.

Josh:
There are backdoors in that microsoft didnt account for the various possibilities or buffer overflow/underflows. This will hopefully be fixed with Windows vista's new networking stack and memory management code. But, as for intentional backdoors, I dont think microsoft would be stupid enough to leave one in there, especially being that 55% of the win2k source code leaked a few years ago. Someone is probably still analyzing that. Dont you think we would have heard something by now?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version