ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

2014-2015: Best tablet specs for ebook reading

<< < (11/13) > >>

dr_andus:
... it is too small to work well as a writing pad.
-xtabber (June 15, 2015, 07:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

OT - I am interested in the handwriting recognition feature, but after having watched a few review videos, there always seems to be a bit of a lag. You write a few words, then wait for them to be recognised. That's a bit like how dictation software works. I wonder how that would affect one's writing process, i.e. whether it would slow you down enough that you'd forget what you wanted to write? Anyone tried it for notetaking on the go or creative writing?

Target:
OT - I am interested in the handwriting recognition feature, but after having watched a few review videos, there always seems to be a bit of a lag. You write a few words, then wait for them to be recognised. That's a bit like how dictation software works. I wonder how that would affect one's writing process, i.e. whether it would slow you down enough that you'd forget what you wanted to write? Anyone tried it for notetaking on the go or creative writing?
-dr_andus (June 15, 2015, 07:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

hmmm, I wonder what the buffer is like?  I've never used anything like this but I wonder can you write faster than it can read, and how far can you get ahead before it stops recognising your input, or skipping content to try and keep up?

bit:
Which format in ebooks is more popular, justified (straight) or unjustified (uneven) right margin?

wraith808:
Which format in ebooks is more popular, justified (straight) or unjustified (uneven) right margin?

-bit (September 01, 2015, 11:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've seen a lot of talk towards justified, though IMO unjustified is warranted at times.

kyrathaba:
I love my Kindle Fire for ebook reading. Crystal clear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version