ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

<< < (8/9) > >>

mouser:
yep, i use inno setup.

hmm, that's tricky that inno runs from temp directory..

pillbug:

Ath:
The temp 'copy' I mentioned above is actually an unpacked extraction of a completely different setup exe, not the one I created. It contains multiple identifiable exes within it, including 2 of 64 bits, a copy of MS's shfolder.dll (licensing violation?), some sort of registration dll, plus all sorts of other Delphi crap.
-pillbug (December 23, 2014, 01:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
That is the way Inno Setup 5 works, indeed. Not widely documented though.

NB: The shfolder.dll is no licensing violation, but (AFAIK) an allowed/supported way of (easily) supporting known Windows folders for older Windows releases. If it wasn't allowed it wouldn't have been there in the first place.

mouser:
But there are no identifiable versions of not only the app I told it to install but also the crap-wrapped plugin dll and the setup script. Apparently those are still packed up and thus inaccessible by the plugin.
Given all that, I'm at a loss as to how to tag the exe running the plugin dll as 'okay', given that its parent is another Inno Setup process/executable, giving it all the markers of being crap wrapped.
--- End quote ---

i'm not sure exactly what you are saying -- i do know that with inno you can call your dll's early during installation -- if you need help with that step let me know.

perhaps you are saying something else -- that it's hard to figure out how to detect whether it's been launched by a crapware installer or not?

pillbug:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version