topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 9:19 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Using Microsoft LifeCam Studio Webcam with Screen Capture  (Read 5116 times)

Relned1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Using Microsoft LifeCam Studio Webcam with Screen Capture
« on: December 11, 2014, 03:47 PM »
Hi,

I have been using my low resolution 640 x 480? LifeCam Webcam to get images directly into Screenshot Captor.  I have been very pleased with the results.  I have just received a LifeCam Studio Webcam I purchased from Ebay to get High Definition Images (1280 x 720) into Screenshot Captor from a WebCam.

However, no mater what I have tried to do so far, when I grab an Image using Screen Capture from the New Webcam it ends up being only 640 x ??? pixels in size.  I have tried opening up the LifeCam software, setting the Resolution to 1280 x 720, closing the LifeCam software, opening up Screenshot Captor and then garbing a webcam image.  The Image imputed to Screenshot captor is still Low Resolution.

How do I capture a High Resolution Image from my new WebCam with Screenshot captor?  

Also, LifeCam Studio can take 1920 x 1040 high resolution images using the snapshot mode.  Is there a way to take these high resolution snapshots directly from Screenshoot Captor?

Below is a quick description of my application of Screenshot Captor and the High Def Webcam.

I have an Excel Macro controlled spreadsheet I use to input a lot of information for an Item.  In a Dialog box I have a "SNAP" button.  When I click on this Button, Excel opens up Screenshot Capture, grabs an Image of the Item using Screenshot Captor, Has Screenshot Captor automatically Rotate the image to be perpendicular and store the image with an appropriate name close Screenshot Captor and return control to Excel.  I use Autohotkeys as the glue between Excel and Screenshot Captor.

Thanks Much

Relned1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Using Microsoft LifeCam Studio Webcam with Screen Capture
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 02:25 AM »
Hi,

I answered my own question.  I do not know how I missed it.  When you grab a Webcam Image a Dialog Box come up with a "Source" option.  1920 X 1080 is one of the options.  Then I use the Snap Button to get the image.  Loading the Image to Paint I can see the image is 1920 X 1080.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 07:45 AM »
Glad you got it worked out.  The webcam capture feature is not one used by many -- frankly I almost forgot about it.  So do let me know if you find there are things it should do better.

Relned1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 09:24 AM »
Mouser,

So far it seems to work very well.  I was very pleased to see it not only garbed Video Images but also the higher resolution Image in the "Snapshot" mode of the Webcam.  I love this feature!

There probably is not way of Capturing Camera Images as well?  Since not very many people use the Webcam feature I doubt you would be much into adding Camera Capture capabilities to the program.  I could probably still use Screenshot Captor to process Camera Images Automatically - just use Autohotkeys as a "Glue" between Excel. the Camera Software and Screenshot Captor.

Thanks  - Your Software is GREAT!