ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SmartWheel, scroll text in inactive windows with the mouse wheel (Download Here)

(1/3) > >>

broken85:
I've just released the initial beta version of my small helper utility, SmartWheel. The utility allows you to scroll up and down text boxes of background (inactive) windows using the mouse wheel in conjunction with a hotkey (currently CTRL)

It's very simple to use, and requires absolutely no configuration, though there will be a few options coming in the next release.

To use the utility, simply run the executable (it's advisable to add it to the Startup folder to have it running all the time). To scroll any plain text box in any window (active or inactive), simply hold CTRL, put the mouse pointer over the control you want to scroll, and have at it!

More information: (currently unavailable)
http://benmcclure.com/software/index.php?catid=4&blogid=1

Download: See the attached installer, SmartWheel-Setup.exe

The utility currently only works in plain text boxes (eg. boxes without rich text, graphics, smooth scrolling, etc.). I hope to include functionality to scroll any type of field in one of the coming releases.

This is basically my first public software release, so I hope to get some feedback and suggestions from this site.

mouser:
this sounds like a really nice idea!

broken85:
Mouser, would you mind posting the installer, at least temporarily until I get my server up? It's under a megabyte, so it shouldn't dent your bandwidth much.

I've got bigger server problems than I realized, so it may not be up for a day or two, hopefully not longer.

Thanks,

Ben

mouser:
absolutely.
you can attach it to this thread in a post, or email me ([email protected]) and i'll make a little space for you until you get your server issues resolved.  not a problem.

broken85:
Thanks a million!

I updated my original post with the installer. I'm sure it'll be fine here, but I've got more utilities on the way shortly, so if my server isn't up in time, perhaps you could create a page to host them, either temporarily or permanently, whichever you'd prefer. Thanks a lot either way!

Ben

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version