ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > UrlSnooper

Illegal Operation message under W98SE

<< < (3/3)

Magister Ludi:
Try this:
Rename the installation directory of URLSnooper before you start it again. It sounds like voodoo and is quite uncomfortable, but it works (for me).

Rekrul:
I just downloaded the lastest version of URL Snooper the other day and installed it tonight. I'm also using Windows 98SE and the same thing happens when I run it; It works fine the first time, then it refuses to start.

To verify that Winpcap wasn't to blame, I installed an older version of URL Snooper, 1.0b6, and it works fine. No crashes at all.

I was hoping to be able to use the new version (and have a keyword search that finally worked correctly), but I guess I'll be sticking to the older versions for now.

mouser:
old version works!??
ok that's a *huge* clue.
now it sounds like it's probably something really stupid.

i've been putting off updated url snooper for a bit because i'm waiting to make an update for an IE7 issue, but i'm going to work on this in the next week or two.  please remind me if i don't.  thanks for the reports.

Rekrul:
old version works!??
ok that's a *huge* clue.
--- End quote ---

Yes. In fact, I have a couple different versions that I've collected and all the ones I tried worked fine with the latest Winpcap. Note that these were all 1.x versions. The only 2.x version I have is the most recent one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version