ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Where do you buy your printer ink?

(1/6) > >>

app103:
First of all, I know by making this post, I'll probably be inviting every ink spammer on the internet to reply, so I will only consider replies from existing members. If you join the forum just to post on this thread, I will consider it spam and it will be deleted!

That said, I am curious where you guys buy your printer ink.

I have a brand new fancy Canon inkjet printer and I need the best deal I can get for Canon PGI-250XL/CLI-251XL compatible cartridges (all 5 colors), and I don't want to get ripped off. (shipped to a US address)

Now, this is not an invitation to do a Google search for me. I am quite capable of doing that myself. What I need is for you to speak from experience, offering only those sellers that you have purchased from, that in your opinion gave you a great deal on a great product, that was as described.

Doing a Google search, I came across a seller offering a 30-pack for $38 (free shipping), and I probably would have jumped on it, but there was only 1 review on the seller/item, and it wasn't so good. The buyer complained that they were passing off regular cartridges as XLs, and when he called the seller to complain about it, he got a woman that kept repeating "we sell quality ink" to everything he said. And when he returned the product, he had a hard time getting a refund. Not sure I want to trust a seller like that.

So, can you steer me in the right direction?

4wd:
I have a Canon PiXMA IP4950, uses 5 ink tanks - in Australia those would cost AU$9 each for compatible replacements, (don't even ask about Canon originals).

On ebay I got two complete sets, (10 tanks), for AU$26 shipped from the UK - ink worked fine, looks fine, printer still works.  And the ink is even cheaper now, (~AU$25 for three complete sets ATM).

So I get my ink from the same seller, cheaper than buying local and I don't have to go anywhere - my parents bought the same printer, they get their ink from the same place I do.

Doesn't have your tanks though, sorry, what model is the printer?

tomos:
Unfortunately I cant help with supplier - the one I use only ships in the EU & .ch
The ink I can recommend though, if you can find a good supplier over there:
Peach, consistently tests good and I've been very happy with the quality for years now (w. Canon printers).

40hz:
First of all, I know by making this post, I'll probably be inviting every ink spammer on the internet to reply, so I will only consider replies from existing members. If you join the forum just to post on this thread, I will consider it spam and it will be deleted!
-app103 (November 14, 2014, 06:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Quelle bonne idée!  :Thmbsup:

(It's also good to be a mod. :tellme: ;D )

MilesAhead:
For my Epson inkjet printers I had very good luck with 123 InkJets

I used the clone cartridges.  Maybe one of every twenty I'd get a dry cartridge.  But at the price it was more economical to eat it than return it.

At least on the Epson the only thing I had to watch out for was bad directions on the wrapper.  Sometimes it would say to shake the cartridge then peel the seal off before inserting.  I found it always safer to insert the cartridge in the carriage before peeling off the seal.  ;)

I could get a whole set, magenta, blue, yellow and black plus shipping, for less than the cost of one branded cartridge in Best Buy.

Edit:  The odds held pretty steady for me.  The way I avoided getting stuck with no cheap replacement cartridge was to order more when I was down to only two of a color.  Of two cartridges I never found both to be bad.  It's anecdotal but one bad out of twenty seemed to be about right.  I adjusted the "net price per cartridge" I was paying to include the shrinkage and shipping and it was still a bargain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version