ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

java -version -> 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external

<< < (2/2)

kalos:
C:\Users\Admin>path
PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Clien
t\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\W
indowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Compone
nts\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Prog
ram Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files
 (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\In
tel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x64;C
:\Program Files (x86)\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\

I reinstalled java and there is nothing java in there

Ath:
Did you restart your PC after the re-install, or at least re-open that CLI? If not then retry that first.

kalos:
Did you restart your PC after the re-install, or at least re-open that CLI? If not then retry that first.
-Ath (November 09, 2014, 05:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

yes now it works! thanks!
and I thought with Windows 8.1, we had eliminate the need to reboot!

Ath:
To get java available in a common CLI the environment variable Path has to be set. The value is set by the Oracle Java installer, but not (as in: can not) propagated to any open CLI. Re-opening the CLI is the least that has to be done.
When running the CLI from something different than the Windows Explorer, that application usually has to be restarted to get the new environment available for child-processes. The easiest way to achieve that is to restart Windows.

Stoic Joker:
Granted this is a bad idea for beginners to try, but...

Re-opening the CLI is the least that has to be done.-Ath (November 09, 2014, 08:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have used either path=%PATH% or path=%PATH%;C:\Add_Something_New to avoid restarting something when not wanting to lose the CLI session info or restart anything on a server a few times.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version