ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

Android: looking for good/working way to text from computer

(1/4) > >>

nite_monkey:
As the title suggests, I'm looking for a good way (that actually works) to send and receive sms and mms from my computer. I spend most of my time at home sitting in front of my computer, so why not be able to text from my computer. So far I have tried Airdroid, which kind of worked, but wouldn't display picture messages, and I have also tried mightytext, but its kind of bugy, and half the time won't show my messages in the web interface.

Stoic Joker:
If you know the cell target's carrier you can email phonenumber@carrierdomain. We do it at work all the time.

nite_monkey:
Then I'm sending texts from my email, and not from my phone number. I did that when I was using a dumb phone to get ringtones onto my phone. I'm testing out an app called remote keyboard, which lets me use a telnet client on my computer, and anything I type in that client shows up on my phone. I'm perfectly fine with this, because that means I can use my computer's keyboard for more than just text messaging.

mouser:
this is an interesting idea.. is there an android app that will monitor an email address and perform actions based on received emails?  if so you could set up something where you EMAILED a designated mail account of yours, and your phone would receive the email that would instruct it to send an sms with the specified contents..

Ath:
^That would be perfectly doable using Tasker or AutomateIt, see the threads that kilele has started recently on similar subjects for links

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version