ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Using FARR with custom Opera (9b2) searches

<< < (3/3)

beethoven:
 :D just tried it and I am really amazed - there is so much more to discover with this program, guess I need a holiday to find the time to try everything  :o
I will try to read more on this forum, I am sure this should help a lot too :)

gaikokujinkyofusho:
Ok... Here's a way to create a group alias, that you can type:

o g foobar

and it'll search for foobar in opera. This will work for everything defined in opera.
Remember that you'll have to change the path to the path where you have opera installed. I you'd like to use another prefix, just replace 'o' for anything else. (leave the ^ at the beggining of the prefix).

[ Invalid Attachment ]
(click to zoom in)
-jgpaiva (June 07, 2006, 06:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi, i posted about this and eventually got it working (thanks to the forums help). I could have *Sworn* i backed up the .ini but apparently it was the old one and not the modified one (doh!!!). So now i am back to where i started.

I have created a "opera" group in FARR using the syntax you did:

opera in opera |  "C:\Program Files\Internet\Opera9p2\opera.exe" "$$1"

(I have tried it w/o quotes too). but when i try to type something like "opera g searchwords" it gives me "found 0 matching files". I think i had this problem before but i can't for the life of me remember how it was resolved. Any ideas?

jgpaiva:
gaikokujinkyofusho notice that i have something written in the "optional regular expression" field. You need that.
If you write something like:
^opera (.*)
It'll work just as you mentioned. Writing opera g foobar in farr will make a google search for foobar.

gaikokujinkyofusho:
gaikokujinkyofusho notice that i have something written in the "optional regular expression" field. You need that.
If you write something like:
^opera (.*)
It'll work just as you mentioned. Writing opera g foobar in farr will make a google search for foobar.

-jgpaiva (July 29, 2006, 07:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually i do have that:

Group Alias Name: opera
Optional Regular Expression Pattern: ^opera (.*)
Results, programs, etc: opera in opera |  "C:\Program Files\Internet\Opera9p2\opera.exe" "$$1"

I have tried variations like:

opera in opera |  C:\Program Files\Internet\Opera9p2\opera.exe "$$1"

and

^o (.*)

but still nada.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version