ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 Pledge: OEMer

(1/5) > >>

lugosi84:
I have been writing and improving upon a program that I wrote for the company I work for to enter OEM branding information on a computer. We build desktop computers to spec for customers and I wanted a way for us to put our company and model information/logo image on each computer that we sell.

Right now, I have information specific to our company in the program, so I am going to create a more generic version for NANY and release it very soon.

Right now, the program allows you to:

- enter OEM Information (Manufacturer, Model #, OEM Phone #, OEM Hours, OEM URL, OEM logo)  in an easy to use interface
- select a new OEM logo (BMP file) by clicking on the interface and selecting a new file
- copy any new logo used to your Logo directory for future use
- create a drop-down menu on the interface that contains all models of computer that you normally build. This list can easily be added to and deleted from.

For a future version, I hope to be able to let the user scroll through logos in the LOGO directory, via a pair of front and back buttons, to select a logo.

This is my first utility that I have programmed, and I feel that it has turned out rather well so far. It is written in AutoIT, but I hope to port it to C# some day.

Jim

TaoPhoenix:
I have been writing and improving upon a program that I wrote for the company I work for to enter OEM branding information on a computer. We build desktop computers to spec for customers and I wanted a way for us to put our company and model information/logo image on each computer that we sell.
Jim
-lugosi84 (November 06, 2014, 12:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Where "on the computer" does it show up? On the initial desktop in the corner somewhere (until the user removes it)? In the default wallpaper-screen? I'd have to say that desktop branding like that annoys me. When I got my Dell machines at my old job, the first week when I had a few minutes, I'd go fishing and swap it to a straight color backdrop.

tomos:
^ my Dell OEM (that I installed myself) just has this:

lugosi84:
Tomos, that is the exact page that the OEM info appears on (right-click My Computer, go to Properties).

No, it does not appear on the desktop, where it definitely might be annoying as all hell  :'( >:(

TaoPhoenix:
Tomos, that is the exact page that the OEM info appears on (right-click My Computer, go to Properties).

No, it does not appear on the desktop, where it definitely might be annoying as all hell  :'( >:(
-lugosi84 (November 06, 2014, 02:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, I'm just fine with right-click My Computer, go to Properties.
The computers from my old work came with a variant of a wallpaper like this:

I do in fact like those shades of blue ... I might have gone with something abstract in those colors, if it didn't have "DELL" all over it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version