ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Scott Finnie unimpressed by NOD32 ...

<< < (3/11) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Thanks, I'll check out the new version

mouser:
As a long time Nod32 user i am very curious to see what v3 has in store.. and im interested in checking out their new suite with firewall, since i've soured on Agnitum Outpost.

Carol Haynes:
First impressions after installing NOD32 v. 3 (just the AV) using default settings as an in place upgrade to v. 2.7 is that my system feels a bit less responsive.

The interface is certainly clearer and I like the fact it feels like it was written for Windows rather than some mythical OS but there is still a feeling of feature splatter - it could still do with some decluttering and rationisation (IMHO) and not just an idiots version which doesn't show you much (which is the default setting).

iphigenie:
The interesting thing is that Scott Finnie whose article in 2006 started this thread, is currently calling NOD the best AV in 2007 (although only the AV, not the suite)

Carol Haynes:
Interesting - I thought he had moved exclusively to the Mac these days? That's why I unsubscribed from his newsletters!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version