ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Avoid AdBlock Plus for Android!

<< < (3/3)

Deozaan:
I used to never see ads in the browser or before YouTube videos, or in other apps. Now they're everywhere. In apps, in the browser, before YouTube videos. Everywhere.

Tuxman:
I've been using AdGuard (also on Android) for a while which only consumed 103 megabytes of traffic during the past 30 days. I guess it's not a technical issue with ad blockers in general then.

Innuendo:
I've used AdAway and AdFree in the past, but for some reason I can't get them to block ads anymore, so that's why I installed ABDfA. In fact, I still have AdAway and Adfree installed. Yet nothing seems to block ads on my Nexus 7 2013 so I guess I might as well uninstall it all.
-Deozaan (March 04, 2015, 07:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I once had an Android device that was in that state. Finally had to do a reinstall/'factory reset' and then AdAway worked once more.

Deozaan:
I've used AdAway and AdFree in the past, but for some reason I can't get them to block ads anymore, so that's why I installed ABDfA. In fact, I still have AdAway and Adfree installed. Yet nothing seems to block ads on my Nexus 7 2013 so I guess I might as well uninstall it all.
-Deozaan (March 04, 2015, 07:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I once had an Android device that was in that state. Finally had to do a reinstall/'factory reset' and then AdAway worked once more.
-Innuendo (March 08, 2015, 11:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I remember ad blocking broke when I updated the OS to KitKat. It had something to do with the location of the hosts file changing or something similar. I managed to get it to work again using AdAway in combination with Adfree. But then I updated my tablet to Lollipop and ad blocking stopped working again. Lollipop had too many bugs and annoyances, so I "retrograded" back to KitKat (Cyanogenmod 11) but I still can't get ad blocking to work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version