ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Thoughts on the tech on the TV show Scorpion?

<< < (3/5) > >>

40hz:
This is another one of those "based on a true story" shows. There actually IS a Walt O'Brien who supposedly did do tech work/hacking (their word, not mine) for the government (not sure whose government) when he was a teen. Here's a link:

http://www.cnet.com/news/the-origin-of-scorpion-the-real-world-story-behind-cbss-new-drama/

Of course his "story" is having some authentication problems.   8)

Jim
-J-Mac (November 05, 2014, 12:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep..."I really done it - but I really can't talk about it!"

That's the civilian's version of our government's old "State Secrets" and "National Security" dodge.

Right up there with: "I knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy who..."

Apparently the "BS" emanating from that show isn't just confined to the TV screen. ;) ;D

TaoPhoenix:
I think I saw the NCIS clip before. It brings up the whole Fridge Logic / Plot Hole debate.
(Warning - TV Tropes link coming - you may not escape for an hour!)
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main.FridgeLogic

In the interest of "Media Science", maybe we can establish "levels of fridge logic".
- Most viewers don't even know until either really long after, or being told by friends
- It's still garbage, but at least the props dept stuck them on two machines and two screens side by side so they can pretend they are at least working together to stop the hacking threat
- Issue a Coding Snack to DC so that each side can use their left and right control and alt keys so that commands on their half of the keyboard are somehow independent of the other one's, and that whoever is working on the left gets their own remapped enter key, possibly using the caps lock key!
 ;D  :D

Vurbal:
Based on my extremely scientific sample of the first 10 minutes of the first episode (I couldn't watch any more) plus occasionally walking past the TV while my wife was watching it, I dispute the premise that there's any tech or intelligence on the show.  All I saw was a bunch of magic.

40hz:
All I saw was a bunch of magic.
-Vurbal (November 05, 2014, 02:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

And that, in a nutshell, is what the core concept behind this show is. :Thmbsup:

J-Mac:
Me?  I love magic!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version