ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Matchstick - A streaming stick using Firefox OS [Kickstarter]

<< < (5/7) > >>

mwb1100:
I see some comments in the KickStarter mention something about August, but I don't see any of the recent updates say anything about updates/shipments happening in August.
-Deozaan (June 01, 2015, 09:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

We’ll cut to the chase; Matchstick is not going to ship in February.

It’s been a very busy couple of months and we’ve had to make some hard decisions about how to move forward. We’ve decided to release the product when it is ready, and anticipate that to be in August 2015. Let us explain more.

-https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/matchstick/matchstick-the-streaming-stick-built-on-firefox-os/posts/1128155
--- End quote ---

Deozaan:
Thanks for that, mwb1100. I got curious about that question again and found that today.

They've not mentioned August since then. And they haven't posted updates regarding the development of the hardware. If I was trying to scam people out of nearly a half million dollars, that seems like a simple trick to stall for more time...

mwb1100:
I'm not following the project - more importantly I didn't pay any money - but I don't get the sense that they're scamming. However, if they don't deliver because they found themselves in over their heads, then the end result to supporters is more or less the same.

Hopefully the product will be delivered, just later than promised.

wraith808:
I'm not following the project - more importantly I didn't pay any money - but I don't get the sense that they're scamming. However, if they don't deliver because they found themselves in over their heads, then the end result to supporters is more or less the same.
-mwb1100 (June 12, 2015, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, not in my opinion.  If you pay and someone fails, you helped someone to try.  If you pay and they run with the money and don't put in effort to deliver... you got scammed.  One makes me disappointed- the other makes me angry.  Mostly with myself for not seeing the signs.

4wd:
Apparently there was some confusion about who the last update was aimed at:

There seems to be some confusion from our last update. This is just to clarify that we have not yet shipped out any production quality Matchstick units. The last update regarding ad hoc mode enhancement was mainly intended for those who had purchased and received the Matchstick developer units end of last year. Since ad hoc mode and local play were promised as our Kickstarter stretch goals, we thought it would be helpful to let folks know our progress in meeting our commitment to deliver on our stretch goals. 

We are continuing our product development effort. Stay tuned for more announcement !
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version