ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

(Hypothetical): If DC Grouped Together...What could be achieved?

<< < (5/6) > >>

wraith808:

Almost 3.5 years later and I am sitting here with the feeling that I should have just gone ahead and done it, and handed it to mouser. And it still bothers me enough that I am considering just doing it and calling it my NANY project for this year.  :(

-app103 (October 27, 2014, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds like a plan! And why not?  :Thmbsup:
-40hz (October 27, 2014, 04:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can tell you why not... it's not her site.  That's just one reason that I'd think of if it was me.  But I think that's the big one that's been holding her back if you look between the lines.

KynloStephen66515:

Almost 3.5 years later and I am sitting here with the feeling that I should have just gone ahead and done it, and handed it to mouser. And it still bothers me enough that I am considering just doing it and calling it my NANY project for this year.  :(

--- End quote ---

Sounds like a plan! And why not?  :Thmbsup:
--- End quote ---

I can tell you why not... it's not her site.  That's just one reason that I'd think of if it was me.  But I think that's the big one that's been holding her back if you look between the lines.
-wraith808 (October 27, 2014, 06:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, as far as I am aware, there are other mitigating reasons that have held her and many others back from doing something like this.

Not being her site wouldn't make much difference as I don't think any of us really see DC as "This is mousers website...that's it"...more of a community project.  DC is now, and will always be "Crowd Funded" in the sense that without the supporters, DC wouldn't be anything like it is...I know mousers Software does bring in the greater majority of users...but without the community...this whole site would be just based around those, and be a support forum for mouser's Software instead of what it really is.

Just my  :two:

wraith808:
What I mean is that it would be hard for someone without mouser's approval to make wholesale changes to the site.  And this would be pretty much a wholesale change.  He's also on the line as a pig, whereas we're all chickens.  I try to always keep that in mind with anything for the site... I might disagree, but I'm not the one on the hook when it comes down to it.

KynloStephen66515:
What I mean is that it would be hard for someone without mouser's approval to make wholesale changes to the site.  And this would be pretty much a wholesale change.  He's also on the line as a pig, whereas we're all chickens.  I try to always keep that in mind with anything for the site... I might disagree, but I'm not the one on the hook when it comes down to it.

-wraith808 (October 27, 2014, 07:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

I do get what you are saying, and yes...the decision ultimately comes down to mouser.  However, App could create some sort of service like the wanted to and host it separately to DC.  I know it wouldn't be the ideal solution...but something like that would be easier to implement as it would not require mouser to intervene any further than (possibly) giving approval.

Site wide changes for a website of this structure and scale are never going to please everybody...you only have to look at what happens every time Facebook make a change to their UI...people bitch, moan, and within 2 days, completely forget anything happened  ;D

40hz:

Almost 3.5 years later and I am sitting here with the feeling that I should have just gone ahead and done it, and handed it to mouser. And it still bothers me enough that I am considering just doing it and calling it my NANY project for this year.  :(

--- End quote ---

Sounds like a plan! And why not?  :Thmbsup:
--- End quote ---

I can tell you why not... it's not her site.  That's just one reason that I'd think of if it was me.  But I think that's the big one that's been holding her back if you look between the lines.
-wraith808 (October 27, 2014, 06:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

@Wraith - I don't see how submitting a software repository project as a NANY entry steps on anybody's toes or needs anybody's permission. There's nothing to say it has to be deployed at DoCo. I'm sure it could find an audience outside of this website regardless of whether or not it finds a home here.

Just sayin' :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version