ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > DonationCoder.com Newsletters

Super-sized Newsletter for Oct 25, 2014 - Codename: NANY 2015 Preppers

<< < (2/4) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
I don't get it.  468 messages deleted as spam by 700 spammers banned.   
Does this mean that each spammer only created, on average, 0.668 of a spam?
How do you create a partial spam?
-bernie (October 26, 2014, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think the spammers who didn't post, got caught by other Anti-Spam methods such as IP recognition or using a known spam e-mail address on registration.  Those "members" would have been banned BEFORE ever reaching the "New Topic" screen. :)

mouser:
Excellent question bernie.  And good guess stephen -- but not quite correct.  Who can guess (moderators not allowed to try), how the spammers were caught who didn't make a post (or even try to make a post)?

wraith808:
Sometimes spammers register, and don't post immediately so that their accounts get aged.  Then when they come back and post, they aren't as likely to set off alarms.

mouser:
Sometimes spammers register, and don't post immediately
--- End quote ---

Well that's a clue.  They don't *post* immediately.. but, these are newly registered people. Something else gives them away..
Another clue is I wrote code to help me detect them..

lanux128:
Excellent question bernie.  And good guess stephen -- but not quite correct.  Who can guess (moderators not allowed to try), how the spammers were caught who didn't make a post (or even try to make a post)?
-mouser (October 26, 2014, 08:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
lol, my lips are sealed.. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version